Advanced search

Social services

(15 Posts)
Janey121 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:18:14

Hey hope someone can help, my boy friend is being acused of sex with a minor but we know it to be untrue, the police have informed social workers and they have been bullying me, very intimidating, and have cohearsed me into signing forms of which I don't know why. They are claiming my kids are in danger from there dad. What I want to know is this, if me and him split up will they still need to be involved with me as we are no longer together, is it not up to them to set supervised visits for him. He hasn't even been charged yet. They are very igornant to say the least

OP’s posts: |
Sweets101 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:19:25

That sounds like half a story tbh.

Saucery Tue 14-Feb-17 20:20:51

They won't just accept your word that you have split up, if that's what you are asking. They will remain involved and so they should.

Afreshstartplease Tue 14-Feb-17 20:22:19

Is the minor claiming they have had sex?

Astro55 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:23:15

I'd get copies of papers you've signed -

And a solicitor

user1484226561 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:24:02

They will monitor and make unannounced visits etc, to be 100% sure that you have separated.

LexieLulu Tue 14-Feb-17 20:24:50

I'm sorry but even if I thought the accusations were false, I'd run a mile from your boyfriend regardless.

Your children are your dependents. Keep them safe. No ifs/buts. You don't want to lose them cause you believed a boyfriend

Dinnerout1 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:44:11

Why haven't you broken up with him already? What is all these ifs and buts?? He's had sex with a Minor! That poor child. And your disgusting boyfriend! Hope he is charged!

LIZS Tue 14-Feb-17 20:50:18

If there is any indication that you are not taking this allegation and the implications seriously , you should expect your parenting to be brought into question and SS further involved. You need to avoid him having any contact with the children while the investigation is ongoing. Your priority should be to protect them even at the expense of continuing your relationship with your bf. If he is innocent he will accept this.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:50:53

He's being investigated for sexual offences against a minor, social services would be failing horribly if they didn't intervene and make sure your children are protected - that's their job. And they won't "leave you alone" until they are satisfied that you are protecting them from any potential harm.

ivechangedmyname123 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:53:10

They have probably asked you to sign a written agreement to stop contact whilst it's being investigated, can't be too careful if there is an allegation as serious as this. The agreement is not legally binding but is an agreement that you will work with them to safeguard your children. To be fair you have said you know it's not true, how do you know? Social Worker will have concerns if you say that, you have to at least consider the possibility that it's true! Currently he is seen as an un assessed risk and you just have to be open and honest with the social Worker x

Blossomdeary Tue 14-Feb-17 20:56:01

SSD are doing their duty. Listen to them, co-operate in every way you can - your children's well-being is at stake.

RebelRogue Tue 14-Feb-17 20:56:07

Break up with him. For good. They won't be gone,but it's the only way to keep your kids safe and prevent them from more trauma and turmoil.
Your support of him and doubting the accusations are a massive red flag for SS,as they should be.

Heirhelp Tue 14-Feb-17 21:04:49

Sex with a minor is sexual assault/rape of a child. Your boyfriend, I am assuming an adult as you have several children with him, has been accused of being a pedophile who has had sex with a child. Of course the police have to inform social services. In turn social services must ensure that your children are safe from sexual assault.

How do you 'know' it is not true? I am sure most pedophiles lie when they are found out.

PatMullins Tue 14-Feb-17 21:06:02

hmm oh come the fuck on

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in