Talk

Advanced search

Teen girl

(3 Posts)
Motherof2oneboyonegirl Fri 30-Dec-16 01:21:29

Today 01:15 Motherof2oneboyonegirl

I am a single mother of two children (one for 15 years and one 10 years) since being a single parent I had one 6 year long relationship and now after two years being single have had a year of the best relationship, I have (although being wrongs and abused) always been very calm and never let the kids see any negativity unfortunately my daughter (now 3 months short of 18) has been in a bad relationship for 1.5 years! It only became bad (that I saw) 8 months ago! Since then she has been physically abusive to me and mentally (lots of name calling and personally hurtful draining things), she ended the relationship 4 months ago and got a job and I got her enrolled in college she grew a group of good friends and met a lovely guy! After a short time the behaviour started to slip again and I discovered she was back with the guy and had lost her job, she is back being aggressive and nasty and I am struggling, she left home earlier in the year for a few weeks and I let her back with no consequences but she left again two nights ago because I said being unemployed due to her need to see her boyfriend was unacceptable, I don't know how to help her and we have minimal family but I need to help her and don't know how to. Please tell me someone else has been through this?

Motherof2oneboyonegirl Fri 30-Dec-16 01:26:27

Sorry my daughter is 17 almost 18

nicenewone1 Sat 31-Dec-16 10:15:30

Oh God it's such a vulnerable and impressionable age.

Can you speak to the college? Is she keeping up with her studies? Where is she staying, do you know she's safe? There are a number of websites dedicated to teens in abusive relationships, with helplines available, I've just googled it.
www.nhs.uk/livewell/teengirls/pages/relationshipviolence.aspx

Sorry can't give you any advice I haven't experienced this myself, but sending you best wishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now