Talk

Advanced search

Teen boy smell 😷

(23 Posts)
mummysprout Fri 25-Nov-16 18:08:30

Help DS13 has the dreaded teen boy smell ! It doesn't matter how many showers he takes or how strong the deodurant he uses, 5 minutes later & it's starting to creep back in. Please tell me this won't last much longer or if there's anything I can do about it. He showers regularly, uses a good deodurant & changes his clothes regularly, I make sure of it & I always make sure he has clean bedding, but omg him & his room, it just keeps coming back.

Aroundtheworldandback Fri 25-Nov-16 23:02:46

Mine at 16 has only just stopped this phase- funnily enough it coencided with his squiring his first girlfriend! But I think it's just a phase. Sorry can't be more helpful!

Aroundtheworldandback Fri 25-Nov-16 23:03:14

Squiring=acquiring!

bluelilies Sat 26-Nov-16 10:58:49

I have 3 teenage boys in the house, and would say that at 13 they've not yet reached peak smelliness grin Eldest is nearly 18, and smelliest of all. But no GF yet - Is that the answer? (But won't he need to be less smelly first in order to get the GF?!!)

I do think carpets are often the cause of smelly rooms. Getting them to either keep their shoes on, or else change socks when they get in can help.

gamerchick Sat 26-Nov-16 11:05:30

Its biological unfortunately. Sons 'go off' to their mothers... An old throwback to preventing incest before they leave the nest.

My 17 has recently stopped smelling 'off' to me and my 9 year old has just started.

Don't give him a complex by throwing him in the shower every 5 minutes though grin you cant wash it away and he only smells like that to you.

bluelilies Sat 26-Nov-16 11:14:16

Nag, that's not true gamer One of mine is a stepson - so not related, and he's just as smelly grin

gamerchick Sat 26-Nov-16 11:21:38

Heh there are smells and there are pheromones. Some teens are scruffy buggers. My youngest is obsessed with the shower and being clean and he still smells bad. My stepsons are clean and don't stink. My kids stepbrothers rarely wash or change clothes and I want to cattleprod them, they are offensive to be around.

Aroundtheworldandback Sat 26-Nov-16 11:39:05

Bluelillies the minute ds met his girlfriend he smelled of roses... either that or aftershave!grin

mummysprout Sat 26-Nov-16 16:03:51

Oh no, so there's no escape 😱 I was thinking maybe gamer chick was on to something but then realised no ds smells off his stepdad & everyone else too 😂 Maybe the gf thing is the answer but I think that will mean finding one with no sense of smell 🤔 Was hoping someone would have some revolutionary answer as he has two younger brothers, so this could be my life for years 😳

Amandahugandkisses Sat 26-Nov-16 16:13:39

It's really strong isn't it!
Stepson here too!

QueenLaBeefah Sat 26-Nov-16 16:20:46

Curiously enough I developed an addiction to scented candles roughly when my eldest son turned 13yrs. grin

He does shower every day (sometimes twice) and wears deodorant. But still there is an air of boy in the house.

mummysprout Sat 26-Nov-16 16:25:44

Yes, scented wax warmers & febreze by the tonne & I can still smell teen boy, really hoping people coming into the house don't notice it as much as I do. How do secondary school teachers cope when they have a room full of them 😂

QueenLaBeefah Sat 26-Nov-16 16:29:37

Those poor teachers. Must be awful. They've probably gone nose blind.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 26-Nov-16 16:30:47

It's ds's room that's the issue - he's as clean as a whistle and no smelly feet or anything but his room is so bad the cat won't go in there!! Ive taken to burning a candle in there when he's at school which helps a lot!

PenguinsandPebbles Sat 26-Nov-16 16:33:50

Eau De Hamster

Cap of Zoflora in with fabric conditioner a bottle in the machine when washing bedsheets and pyjamas can assist.

BigApple11 Sat 26-Nov-16 16:37:15

I hide a reed diffuser in my teen boy's room!! Works a treat grin

dontpokethebear Sat 26-Nov-16 16:38:51

My son himself isn't particularly smelly, showers every day etc etc but his room is.
The smell doesn't seem to be anything specific. It's not BO, feet or breath. He has to open his bedroom window every morning before school. It is grim.

dontpokethebear Sat 26-Nov-16 16:39:50

Just seen your post damediazepam. Glad it's not just mine...

Branleuse Sat 26-Nov-16 16:40:52

its not just your own sons. You try going into a classroom of teenage boys. They bloody reek.

musty testosterone and sweat. I dont think ds15 smells too bad if he showers every day, but his bedroom still pongs.

mummysprout Sat 26-Nov-16 16:42:11

So glad it's not just me, I was starting to feel a bit bad subtly edging away when he gets too near 😂

paulapantsdown Sat 26-Nov-16 16:42:42

I've bought one of those plug in yokes for for my 15 year olds room. It's really bizarre, he doesn't smell in himself, it's just his room.

OhtoblazeswithElvira Sat 26-Nov-16 16:44:58

agree with the Stinky Room Syndrome.

BIL is spotlessly clean but the smell in his room varies from offensive (if single) to just unpleasant (if there is a GF). Of course the smell is then absorbed by clothes and hair! The idea of opening his window regularly would no doubt make his head explode grin

mummysprout Sat 26-Nov-16 16:47:17

I tried hiding air fresheners in his room but he finds them & gets rid, says they smell girly, there's no hope 🙄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now