Advanced search

What can social services ACTUALLY help with?

(5 Posts)
TheDogPeedOnMyBed Tue 22-Nov-16 10:24:39

I'm at my wits end with my daughter. She is getting more and more out of control, and is very difficult to live with. She has just turned 15. She does see Camhs (on occasion, they don't seem to see the need for more regular appointments) .I have asked for some help from SS before but all to no avail- as she lives in a safe home they seem it "not their problem" but I am getting to the point where living with her is totally unbearable- help!!

Squeegle Tue 22-Nov-16 10:26:30

Does she have any diagnosis? Is there no chance of getting more involved with CAMHs? I don't know about social services I'm afraid, but definitely seems like you need more help. Do you have s key contact at CAMHS?

WouldHave Tue 22-Nov-16 10:27:17

If she satisfies the criteria for disability, she is a "child in need" and therefore qualifies for a full social services assessment under section 17 Children Act 1989. It could be worth asking for one.

TheDogPeedOnMyBed Tue 22-Nov-16 11:33:42

We've been going to Camhs for nearly 2 years now and there is no diagnosis, just "therapy" which from what I can tell just involves a nice chat . she is on antidepressants which as far as I can see may have helped a bit. I have asked again and again for more help but it's just not forthcoming!

Lucyneedssleep Tue 22-Nov-16 15:33:32

What is it she does to make living with her unbareable? I sadly don't have loads of advice but similar here dd has ADHD and is rude and argumentative 24/7 she is very lazy never helps, but does help herself to my belongings, roll in at 3am at weekends, if I ground her she's gone and she usually refuses school !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now