Talk

Advanced search

13th birthday party potentially going to get out of hand

(12 Posts)
Emochild Fri 11-Nov-16 21:53:10

We've had a rough few years as a family and celebrations have been few and far between

All of dd2's friends seem to be having house parties and mass sleepovers to celebrate turning 13 -we can't have a party at home due to dd1 having sen so I've said she can have a party and have hired a room at the local social club

It's very much a DIY party and I've rounded up 5 adults plus myself as chaperones

Dd came home from school in a panic because half the year group are talking about the party as though they are coming -invites have gone out, there's no reason for these children to think they are coming other than 'so and so' invited them

I'm worried its going to get out of hand but this isn't dd's fault and I don't want to cancel

Is it too late to send out the message 'no invite no entry' and get a bouncer on the door ?

Party is in 2 weeks and i'm seriously regretting saying yes

Bloodybridget Sat 12-Nov-16 03:53:55

I don't see why it would be too late to do that, would be very sensible IMO! Hope it goes smoothly and your DD has a lovely birthday.

Oblomov16 Sat 12-Nov-16 04:02:13

Year 8? Surely the parents will be dropping off.
And if it is in a social club, it will be able to manage, with quite a few unexpected invitees on the dance floor?
I don't think this will be too bad. You have plenty of adults to watch over things. I think it will be fine.

Emochild Sat 12-Nov-16 06:55:43

Year 8 tend to travel in packs so will be dropped off but share lifts so will usually have 4 coming in each car -they will also get dropped on the road outside so I won't be able to send them away really

The size of the venue will cope but i'm doing my own catering as don't want a surprise soft drinks bill at the end because I've not had enough

Veterinari Sat 12-Nov-16 06:59:40

I wouldn't panic. A lot of it will be able alk and they won't actually all turn up - if your daughter is reacting to it there may be a wind up element.

13 years old are unlikely to get too rowdy even if you do have a few extras

TataEs Sat 12-Nov-16 07:05:03

hire a bounce(male relative) with a guest list. don't let uninvited children in. do give them the facilities to have someone called to collect them.
try and get the word out that it's invite only and there will be a guest list and a bouncer.
if you let them in anyway surely it sets president that an invite is not required for a party and the whole year will be turning up at any party they fancy?!
teenage politics scare me!

Emochild Sat 12-Nov-16 07:10:16

The friends of hers that I've met have all been lovely and respectful but there does seem to be a lot of trouble in her year group at the moment with fights being organised outside of school etc

I just don't want any trouble to flare -I want her to have a good night

Unfortunately I can't round any men up -she doesn't want to invite her dad (my ex, sporadic contact and only when she texts to ask if she can go round for tea -so I get her point) and I don't really know anyone else I could ask

mamarach26 Sat 12-Nov-16 07:16:30

My DP is a bouncer, if you're in Manchester!

Emochild Sat 12-Nov-16 07:45:29

Unfortunately not anymore sad

MaitlandGirl Sat 12-Nov-16 07:58:09

Could you ask the dad of one of your DDs friends?

Hope you can get something sorted and your DD enjoys her birthday.

datingbarb Sat 12-Nov-16 08:31:05

Parties in my area seem to involve a wristband sent out with invite, clearly started no wristband no entry.. guess it to cut down on others just turning up

Oblomov16 Sat 12-Nov-16 09:17:14

Your dd send a group text to suggest invite only and imply a bouncer and uninvited guests will not be allowed entry? Something like that? Might help to 'quash the fire ' possibly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now