What does your DD wear on her feet in Autumn/Winter?

(21 Posts)
Euphemia Sat 05-Nov-16 16:58:46

DD (14) currently wears canvas Converse to school. What can I suggest to her for wet weather? Must be black with a black sole.

SueDunome Sat 05-Nov-16 17:02:17

Ordinary black shoes here, no canvas allowed.

FrickOnAStick Sat 05-Nov-16 17:03:09

Ah, didn't realise this was a school shoes question. DD has to wear specific school shoes from a select range of styles (school rules) but outside of school wears clompy boots and Nike Roshe type trainers.

welshweasel Sat 05-Nov-16 17:04:00

DSD15 wears black leather ballet pumps and suffers wet feet. And refuses to wear a coat so gets pretty wet walking to and from school generally!

eyebrowsonfleek Sat 05-Nov-16 17:04:50

Dd (13) wears brogues.

Keeptrudging Sat 05-Nov-16 17:07:31

Biker boots or trainers mostly. No uniform, so anything she wants.

GetAHaircutCarl Sun 06-Nov-16 08:36:15

DD 17 wears brogues to school.

Outside it's a mixture of Converse, trainers, sneakers, ankle boots.

RoscoPColtrane Sun 06-Nov-16 08:41:58

Dd (15)wears black lace up dr marten's, she just about gets away with the yellow stitching.

QueenofQuirkiness Sun 06-Nov-16 10:38:24

Dd15 and DD13 have patent lace up style shoes for school, out of school DD1 usually wears boots in winter and DD2 prefers trainers.

Redlippy Sun 06-Nov-16 16:36:56

My dd goes from canvas converse in summer to leather converse in winter.

Wigglewogglewoo Sun 06-Nov-16 16:41:34

DD14 has all black converse, if the weather is too shitty to walk in them to school then I'll give her a lift, if not she will take a spare pair of socks to change. She won't wear any other shoes. The same when DD16 was in school and I think both DSs had black converse or vans.

Out of school an all mix of shoes, converse, UGGs, Superstars, etc.

heymammy Sun 06-Nov-16 16:43:54

DMs here or converse but dd1's school don't have a uniform so they may not be allowed at your school

ifonly4 Mon 07-Nov-16 09:28:53

DD wears brogues to school. Some of her friends wear them, if not something from the Clarks or Startrite ranges or slip on pumps. Black shoes are compulsory at their school.

Out of school she loves wearing boots, although, does have some black pumps she'll wear for going out.

weegiemum Mon 07-Nov-16 09:55:01

Both my girls (and ds) wear black trainers to school. DD2 (almost 13) will wear boots once we get round to getting some, the only boots dd1 will wear (she's 16) are wildly inappropriate for school, so she'll just keep on with wet feet in canvas!

musicghostly Mon 07-Nov-16 12:14:55

Another vote here for Doc Martens. You can get specific "school shoes" i.e. Without the yellow stitching, though DD is Y12 now and so doesn't need to worry.

griffinsss Mon 07-Nov-16 13:16:51

There are very strict guidelines for shoes at my 12 y/o's school. She wears brogues currently but we are currently having discussions on whether or not she must wear the specified style of winter shoe (more like a dr marten).

Outside of school she wears dr martens 90% of the time, but for some reason wearing a non branded pair very similar to school is disgusting.

NicknameUsed Mon 07-Nov-16 13:25:21

DD wore black brogues. They weren't allowed to wear canvas shoes, trainer style shoes or shoes with logos on.

bigTillyMint Tue 08-Nov-16 18:31:34

DD wore (and still wears, though she's Y13 now) trainers - Nike Air Max and various others that are black all over, but made from (fake?) leather.

Heifer Thu 17-Nov-16 11:39:26

My DD wears black kickers (horrible looking things tbh) but she has to wear proper shoes at school and they are the popular pick...

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 17-Nov-16 12:17:53

Mine wore black leather trainer type things, Keds and Vans. Out of school she wore boots and Docs.

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Thu 17-Nov-16 12:37:45

DD wears Clarks school shoes (lace up ones like these )

they must never ever be actually laced up hmm and are only worn when a) it's too wet to steal my black ballet pumps and b) she's completely worn out my black ballet pumps. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now