Talk

Advanced search

I can't cope

(7 Posts)
DorothyL Tue 01-Nov-16 21:32:07

Dd 13 has been horrible to me on and off for a good two years, and no real signs of improvement.
I have a younger ds with sn who is very difficult in his behaviour.
I feel so overwhelmed and like I can't cope anymore. Today they both kicked off at me again.
I'm in bed now just to escape. I feel anxious, ill and depressed and don't know what to do.

I also feel constantly guilty because ds has always needed lots of attention and I feel like this has caused dd's resentment and anger.

jinkers1 Tue 01-Nov-16 22:29:48

Not sure if I have anything very encouraging to say, as I am lying shaking after an evening of hellish behaviour from 16 year old DS, but I didn't want you to go unanswered . I had been wondering if I've always given him too much attention- I think we always blame ourselves. I'm sure you're doing your very best, in what sounds like really demanding circumstances. You are not alone in struggling sometimes - I went to the GP, who gave me beta blockers for really bad days, and I have also spoken to Parentline, who were lovely and reassuring. It's not easy - good luck x

Wornoutmum42 Tue 01-Nov-16 22:51:16

I feel exactly the same , sometimes when DD screams "I'll run away and never come back" I feel like running away myself. She has pushed me to breaking point , don't beat yourself up over it it's not your fault , I blame hormones but that's wearing thin now!

DorothyL Wed 02-Nov-16 06:50:48

I really don't know how people survive these years, it's seriously affecting my mental health now. I feel like lead and teary all the time. It breaks my heart to remember the closeness we used to have.

Emochild Wed 02-Nov-16 06:57:53

My 15 year old I can see light at the end of the tunnel

My 12 year old has now started with the vile behaviour

I sit there thinking 'I can't go through this again'

It's incredibly hard and you are not alone in your thoughts although it probably feels like it

Don't blame yourself for giving your child with SN your attention -fair doesn't mean equal and he needs your attention

ldarrow12 Sat 12-Nov-16 16:37:00

Our 13 year old daughter is so deeply troubled we have been taking her to see a psychologist. Her violent outbursts, general aggression and oppositional defiance are making us ill and I'm on the verge of leaving the family home. The idea of seeking intervention from a local authority and having her fostered is becoming stronger. I just don't know what to do - my husband and I are on the verge of splitting up and our family claim to be supportive but are often absent - on extended holidays. I've never felt more stressed. I

user1481626474 Tue 13-Dec-16 11:17:43

I'm new here here's my problem
my 19 yr old daughter has left home no warning no nothing I'm worried sick it's three months now she arrived home yesterday for the first day in six months. She had text me the previous night promised me she's coming home for good at am. And to let her in home as she's no keys . I waited all morning no sign till eventually I had to go to work. Whilst in work she came home my partner was home to make sure she came home and took more of her belongings her room is now empty apart from odd bits and pieces. We had a very strong relationship. But some how the personality rapidly changed and just up went out one day and never to arrive because she had been texting not very often but telling me she's fine and then block me from calling and is 19 police couldn't do anything. I'm worried sick about her and has broken my heart she's my only child and miss her so much it's two weeks to Christmas and it's looking like she won't be home .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now