Talk

Advanced search

Curvy but slim 14 year old DD - best places for jeans???

(7 Posts)
loveyouradvice Tue 01-Nov-16 14:40:49

Hi...

She has a gorgeous figure - but of course thinks she has big hips and none of her friends have a waist....

Big challenge is buying jeans - there's always a HUGE gap at the waist - now a 28 inch to get the hips, etc... but could easily take out 3-4 inches on the waist... Neither of us are good sewers so hope someone's got recommendations for great places to shop for them?

At the mo, tend to rely on H&M and Mom jeans from Top shop....

yeOldeTrout Tue 01-Nov-16 21:54:52

I have same problem (me not DD). It is a nuisance!

Next had a sexy slim line of jeans that fit me well. Ages ago so may not stock same ones, but I think that's type of thing you need to look for, adult jeans.

These ones go down to size 6/8.

seventhgonickname Sat 10-Dec-16 23:07:18

Similar with dd,she wore Gap age 13 which still have the elastic but now is in top shop jeans,sit below the waist and has become a belt addict.

Myusernameisalreadyinuse Sat 10-Dec-16 23:08:50

Has she tried primark? I used to be a similar shape and their jeans always worked best for me. This was a few years ago though. (I too thought I had huge hips).

MrsJayy Sat 10-Dec-16 23:09:24

Dd is hippy and bummy she swears by primark jeans they fit her lovely.

Sukitakeitoff Sat 10-Dec-16 23:12:56

Really low waisted jeans are best as they sit on your hips not your waist. I know as I always had problems with gapping at the back during the eighties and when hipster jeans came in they were perfect for me.

Dizzybintess Mon 19-Dec-16 01:16:27

I am short and curvy and always get my jeans from gap, Dorothy Perkins or new look.
I never shop at Levi as they are so bad at making curvy jeans it's unbelievable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now