Should I let her go?!

(8 Posts)
Wigglewogglewoo Mon 31-Oct-16 18:27:54

DD16s best friend (lets call her C) met 2 boys (brothers, T16 and J17) on holiday this summer, apparently she had a little thing go on with the 17 year old so introduced DD to his brother through Facebook as he apparently thought she was really pretty and "could be a model" bless him so they could do a double date sort of situation.

DD and T have been talking pretty much non stop since July so him, his J and C have suggested they all meet up this weekend so they can actually meet face to face. They live in Reading and we live an hour and a half train journey away so most likely it'll be a sleepover. DD and C want to go to reading rather than they come here.

I'm really in 2 minds on whether to say she can or not. Whilst she's never met T they have FaceTimed a lot and C and her family have met them and their family so Cs mum is fine with them to go down and spend the night if they like. Apparently she has also spoken to the boys mum and they are all fine too. I feel like I'm in a different situation though as me and DD haven't yet met any of them and could meet them and decide she doesn't like them and then be stuck there.

I just need other parents opinions so I can get it all together in my head.

TIA smile

Elizawh Mon 31-Oct-16 18:53:19

I'd let her go just for the day, for their first time meeting I wouldn't suggest a sleepover. I wouldn't be comfortable with that no matter how well the friend and her family knew the boys.

Leave sleepovers for after they've met a few times.

I'd also take into consideration what she wants from these lads. Is it just a friendship or does she want it to lead into a relationship?

BackforGood Mon 31-Oct-16 18:59:02

I agree with Elizawh.

frenchfancy Mon 31-Oct-16 19:14:59

Let her go for the day but not overnight.

lljkk Mon 31-Oct-16 19:51:18

What Elizah said is good. And honest talk about birth control if they want overnight meeting later.

oldlaundbooth Mon 31-Oct-16 19:59:09

As pp's say, day but not an overnight stay.

Florida41 Tue 01-Nov-16 13:50:51

I agree up for the day but not over night .

Wigglewogglewoo Tue 01-Nov-16 18:10:38

Thanks guys, I've told her she can go for the day but she has to come home at night. As it's only an hour I've agreeed she can stay late and I'll pick her up so she's fine with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now