Talk

Advanced search

Shouting Out

(6 Posts)
twocockersarebetterthanone Wed 12-Oct-16 20:11:45

Since year 6 (although I'm guessing it's happened since the start of school) has been shouting out in class. This can be because she knows the answer to a question or it could be that she hasn't understood something and needs clarification. This has been raised by different teachers several but nothing seems to stop her doing it. We've spoken to her about t not being acceptable and she says she just doesn't know why she does it as it just sort of happens before she thinks about it.

She's now 14 and enough is enough. Any ideas how we should tackle this. We've never actually spoken to anyone at secondary school. I have wondered if it might be "medical" rather than naughty but not got beyond that.

Useruser44 Thu 13-Oct-16 09:11:25

If you've never spoken to anyone at secondary school and she's 14 I wouldn't be concerned at all. If they are concerned you'll hear a lot from them , I get at least 4 calls a day and yesterday 12 confused

twocockersarebetterthanone Thu 13-Oct-16 13:35:22

Wowzers - that must be hard for you. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. I'll just hope it all blows over

aginghippy Thu 13-Oct-16 13:47:11

What has made you decide 'enough is enough'? Why now?

When teachers have raised it with you, have they said what steps they take to address the problem?

Useruser44 Thu 13-Oct-16 13:53:49

It's not my favourite aspect of parenthood that's for sure. If it hasn't been raised as an issue and it's not something she's being sanctioned for daily I wouldn't worry at all.

twocockersarebetterthanone Fri 14-Oct-16 21:21:06

*Aging
Warning have been given by teachers. Next step is a detention or report card confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now