Is this normal? 3 teens all screaming?

(9 Posts)
MrsMuddlePluck Sat 08-Oct-16 21:39:39

Just been out to walk the dog. Went upstairs to the loo & all I can hear is YS13 screaming at ES19, with ES19 screaming at YS13 & MS17 screaming at both brothers to shut up! This seems to happen every single time they are within 10ft of each other & mealtimes are awful. I've pretty much stopped having dinner together as it's so f'g stressy round here.

Seriously - tell me this is normal & they'll grow out of it?!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 08-Oct-16 21:43:53

Blimey all those letters needed working out but I did it!

I have three boys, they don't scream. I think it's your family😄

They'll be fine though.

YellowPrimula Sat 08-Oct-16 21:47:53

I have three boys similar ages , they seem to hate each other most of the time . Lots of shouting about people taking up the Internet ( we have very poir broadband) .lots of complaining about each other etcI am at my wits end with it , youngest pleading for eldest to be made to move out , eldest complaint youngest is rude , middle one refusing to engage.

Feeling very defeated st the moment, I am smaller than all of them and just keep
Wondering where I went so wrong .sad

DelphiniumBlue Sat 08-Oct-16 21:56:42

Mine are slightly older, but still loud, although it's reasonably good tempered.
Only yesterday, YS15 slammed out after repeatedly being told off for fidgeting by ES22. There's quite a lot of online shouting, and I have had to close windows to protect the neighbours.
Sorry, I realise that's not much help, and it hasn't got much quieter over the last few years.
However, I've put a lot of work into making them get on and cooperate, and they don't really have big arguments, its more constant banter, but loud.
My top tip is coming down hard on them and making them unite against me.

MrsMuddlePluck Sat 08-Oct-16 22:00:02

Through... I hope you're right.

Yellow: I feel ditto. Don't know what I did or what to do now to fix it. I'll soon be the littlest too. Oh, hang on...theyre kicking off again...

I was hoping to have a long weekend with DH soon as he's based abroad for a while, but not sure I can leave the 3 of them in the house together.

DramaAlpaca Sat 08-Oct-16 22:02:12

When my three boys were that age there'd be a fair amount of yelling at each other. Middle one and youngest one especially. Not all the time, they'd generally get on OK, but they really knew how to push each others' buttons.

I'm pleased to say that at 23, 21 and 19 they get on much better and the house is generally much quieter. They've just matured a bit I think.

Timetogetup0630 Sun 09-Oct-16 07:30:25

Have you satbthem all down and talked to them about how you feel ?
Can you treat them like toddlers and draw up some rules for the house,
Supernanny style?

Mine get on really well and seem quite fond of each other.......

Frazzled2207 Sun 09-Oct-16 07:33:45

My dh is one of three brothers and he said then used to hate each other and fight all the time growing up.
Now all in their late 30s they're very close.

specialsubject Sun 09-Oct-16 11:14:08

Challenging to bang three heads together ,but your neighbours might appreciate it.

Tell them to belt up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now