Talk

Advanced search

The sadness

(6 Posts)
mylifeonMars Sun 02-Oct-16 18:16:46

DS is 14. He's a lovable, affectionate boy who works incredibly hard at everything. He has a great group of friends. Lately, he just has this sadness, he bursts into tears at the slightest. He just says "I feel so sad".
I have talked to him, asked about the reason, really had a talk. He hugs me, says he doesn't know. Everything is "fine".
Is this hormonal/normal?
I want to help him. Or rather, I want to help him before it grows into something bigger. I suspect he's overworked but he has been for a while and he just seemed to cope with everything and everyone around him seems to think he copes so well.
Do you have any suggestions?

emanon Sun 02-Oct-16 18:51:03

I don't know the answer, but I think this is possibly a normal part of teenagers and growing up. My 14 year old DD feels the same on and off and struggles to find an explanation. The rest of the time she is happy, outgoing and sociable, but sometimes feelings of sadness just hit her. She can get anxious about things but is not depressed.

mylifeonMars Sun 02-Oct-16 21:59:39

Thank you emanon

Violetcharlotte Tue 04-Oct-16 21:14:59

Bless him. 14's a tough age, so much going on with pressure from school, mates, etc. It's lovely that he feels able to open up to you, maybe just keep an eye on him? Hopefully this will pass x

Violetcharlotte Tue 04-Oct-16 21:15:06

Bless him. 14's a tough age, so much going on with pressure from school, mates, etc. It's lovely that he feels able to open up to you, maybe just keep an eye on him? Hopefully this will pass x

mylifeonMars Wed 05-Oct-16 10:59:22

Thanks for your words Violet flowers . He opens up and usually shares so much with us, but one never knows how much he's sharing, even though I have no reason to believe he's keeping anything from us. This is the one side of adolescence I am struggling with, not knowing anymore because he's his own whole person. He's been OK these last couple of days and DH and I keep making things fun, and coming up with silly jokes all the time and he looks at us and laughs probably thinking his parents have gone bonkers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now