So my 14 yr old has a love bite...

(11 Posts)
Shopping11shopping Sun 04-Sep-16 07:45:22

He has one on his chest.
He has spent a lot of time with his girlfriend this summer and had promised they are not up to anything.
He is 14 1/2 and she is the same age.

WWYD ?

Should we do / say anything ?

I just feel 14 is too young but don't want to ban him from seeing her. We don't leave them alone in the house but am not sure if her parents do.

NapQueen Sun 04-Sep-16 07:47:16

Well, this could be the extent of it.

What I would do
*Re iterate the sex Ed talk
*stress how important it is not to rush himself or rush her
*get your oh to give you a love bite and walk round showing it off "all the kids have one these days"

Shopping11shopping Sun 04-Sep-16 08:31:04

Yes I could get one myself grin

It could be the extent of it. Will have another chat ...or get dh to have another chat with him .

I was remembering going to school with a love bite but I was in the 6th form so older and over he age of consent at least .

It is hard this teenage thing

NapQueen Sun 04-Sep-16 08:37:47

Oh god I am dreading it!

Shopping11shopping Sun 04-Sep-16 09:22:33

I have 2 of them but am still glad the toddler years are over

Claramarion Sun 04-Sep-16 19:56:22

Are you uk, a
Lot of youngsters are
Having sex at this age has he developed ie does he look his age or still a boy X whilst not wanting to condone it I would have a strong word about using condoms and if he is having Sex where
To her them. I feel sick if this was
My son who is only a year off 14
But then I'd be mortified if he got a girl pregnant.
Sorry for this just trying to be honest I work with a lot of teenagers from all areas.

Shopping11shopping Sun 04-Sep-16 22:25:13

He looks older than 14 and is well developed .
We have told him we will tell her parents and as she is underage too what consequences could be . He is sulking now .

ParkingLottie Sun 04-Sep-16 22:29:36

What do you mean you will tell her parents/
tell her parents he has a love bite?
No-o-o-o-o-o-!
Teens do stuff like love bites. It doesn't mean they are having sex.
Just keep talking WITH him - not lecturing him - about closeness, consent, age, responsibility etc.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 04-Sep-16 22:34:13

I'd make sure he has access to condoms. I hope to god he isn't having sex but rather that than a pregnancy too.

I got a hicky on my neck at 15. I bought what I thought was a really sophisticated chiffon scarf to cover it up. It kept moving... So I superglued if in place and wore it for 9 days straight before my English teacher asked if I was okay. Mortifying. Probably worse than just having a hicky, to be honest.

ParkingLottie Sun 04-Sep-16 22:40:42

We all had love bites at 14.

SO tacky grin

But none of us got pregnant. and many of us had love bites and didn't have sex for ages.

HermioneJeanGranger Tue 06-Sep-16 11:09:03

Love bites don't mean sex, though.

I had love bites at that age (cringe!) but all I was doing was kissing and a bit of groping. Nothing particularly intimate or illegal. My mum caught me with one when I was 16 and I was so embarrassed I banned my bf from kissing my neck for ages grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now