Talk

Advanced search

DD and drugs

(6 Posts)
acornsandnuts Thu 01-Sep-16 13:57:15

I suspect my 18 year old DD is taking recreational drugs. I charged a redundant ipad last night and for some reason her imessage account is liked to that ipad (it is mine). So on the home screen where messages between her and a friend talking about MDNA, ket and talking about a recent festival being more like a drugfest than a music festival.

She is a normal 18 year old, just about to start university although she is living at home. We have had our ups and downs but on a whole I have always trusted her unless I have cause not too.

I feel like a bit of a mug for not suspecting anything before.

I'm going to speak to her when she comes home later today but what do I do? She works part time so earns her own money I'm just so worried.

Rachcakes Thu 01-Sep-16 14:10:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QueenofallIsee Thu 01-Sep-16 14:16:47

She is 18 and could well be experimenting with such things, or at least see's the impact of these drugs around her...I am 37 and I see it going on!

Look, drugs are crap and can be dangerous. The impact on people and the supply chain etc etc is horrible. No one is disputing that BUT there are many many people who experiment with no lasting impact. the drugs she is talking about are party drugs, she is not depending on them as she would a hard drug and limited evidence points to the odd taking of LSD turning people into junkies

I guess what i am saying is try not to over react and alienate her completely

acornsandnuts Thu 01-Sep-16 14:23:41

Thanks both, I know it happens and I know she's unlikely to become a junky, I just can't think that everytime she goes out now I am going to be overly worried. I don't want to be that parent.

We have a good relationship and I have always gave her a lot of freedom growing up built on trust. I am just pissed that I am overthing all things that have happened over the last few months.

QueenofallIsee Thu 01-Sep-16 14:45:41

I think the fact that you do have a good relationship is key - you can talk to her and try to get to the bottom of what is really going on. To get her to open up, you will need to play it down perhaps (despite your understandable horror). Good advice from the poster above on the sensible precautions, your disappointment and worry not meaing that you are not available to her etc

Rachcakes Fri 02-Sep-16 21:07:11

Sorry, I deleted my previous post because it could out me.
Have you spoken to her OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now