Talk

Advanced search

Younger teen wants a job

(9 Posts)
sjr76 Mon 08-Aug-16 14:32:57

Hi, do any of your younger teens have a job? My daughter has expressed an interest in a little job to earn extra money, but I'm not sure how to help or advise her. Can anyone give me any pointers, thanks

Balletgirlmum Mon 08-Aug-16 14:36:25

How old is she? Apart from paper rounds which are becoming rarer as less people have a paper delivered these days it's very difficult for under 16s to get any kind of employment.

bigTillyMint Mon 08-Aug-16 14:37:02

My DD was babysitting at 13. She started coaching her sport at 14.
Other than that, paper round?

19lottie82 Mon 08-Aug-16 15:18:41

I agree, she will probably struggle to find something, unless you have a friend who is willing to let her help out in a shop / cafe ect

How about washing cars, dog walking, or doing other odd jobs for neighbours?

panegyricS1 Mon 08-Aug-16 19:06:41

Mine does grandparents' gardening. Lots of them aged 14+ do babysitting.

lovelyupnorth Tue 09-Aug-16 07:35:37

We must be lucky as round us most of our kids friends have jobs. Are two DDs both work a Saturday in a cafe. They get around £50 a week. Neither really enjoys the job but both love the freedom of having some money.

Their friends work in Cafes, Hotels, Tourist Attractions and Shops.

We live in a fairly small town but plenty of cafes etc crying out for summer holiday and weekend staff. Most pay fairly well as well my two on average earn £8 an hour which for 14 and 15 isn't bad. During the holidays they do one or two extra days a week.

Groovee Tue 09-Aug-16 07:40:19

A lot of my dad's friends work in small cafes or do dog walking for neighbours.

lastqueenofscotland Tue 09-Aug-16 08:11:05

Cafes
Babysitting
Odd jobs like washing cars, walking dogs, feeding pets for people who are away

GasLightShining Tue 09-Aug-16 19:10:52

Both mine had paper rounds.

Is she into any particular sport? Could she become a ref? At 14 she could train to be a football ref.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now