Talk

Advanced search

Drama llama ds punched hole in the wall

(1 Post)
Jinsky Thu 30-Jun-16 12:37:56

Ds (17) has just punched a hole in the wall after refusing to commit to helping out with preparing to move at the weekend. The move is in 10 days, there is a huge to-do list this weekend.
Maybe not my best idea to try and get a commitment from him. MIL had offered to come and help (packing, cleaning etc) before we move but it is a 4 hour round trip for her and she has dodgy hips so I don't really want to bother her.
The to-do list is now longer as I don't want to leave the house with a hole in a bedroom wall and it will need fixing.
Ds' s aggression scares me. It is all my fault, of course, (he says) for not accepting that he can't commit himself to helping.
Am I expecting too much from him? He has no other commitments at the moment - he has finished school and will be starting at uni in October and works a few hours a week.
He has had his temper under control recently but this has left me feeling sick again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now