Suddenly loosing weight, always out with friends?

(4 Posts)
AlexandraLeigh Sun 19-Jun-16 12:34:24

My daughter, who is known for being very socially reserved has suddenly started hanging out with kids her age.

She is 16 and left secondary school two days ago and i'm scared she may be with the wrong crowd. She used to have good friends who didn't take drugs or smoke and from what I hear a lit of her new friends do this stuff.

My daughter does tell me who she has met but yesterday she admits to have been hanging around with just her and 7 boys. I know maybe I shouldn't be worried but this is the same daughter that about a year ago was full of anxiety and would sit in her room not moving for hours on end. I thought she was better, she had been doing revision and arriving at school and everything.

Now she is losing weight, hardly home, repetitively cleaning her room and i'm fairy certain she snuck out last night. I can't deal with her anymore, why is she doing this... And why is she losing weight soooo fast?

I'm beyond myself, she is supposed to be taking great A-levels in september and what if she screws up?

I'd just like to add that I am her Grandmother, she hasn't lived with her mother since she was 2 and has never met her father.

modernfemininity Tue 21-Jun-16 19:11:33

Did you get any responses Al?

JanetRomano Tue 21-Jun-16 19:44:48

I think kids that age prefer being with their friends as much as they can however maybe you could start having her friends over to your house. Get to know them. The losing weight part could be a concern and maybe take her to the dr and have her checked out.

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 21-Jun-16 19:48:05

Speed? Worth considering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now