Talk

Advanced search

Are they safe?

(9 Posts)
Deeplysatisfied Mon 30-May-16 20:41:52

My DD 16 wants to lose weight. Although advised against it i can't really stop her. She has recently bought some 'fat metaboliser' and 'green tea' pills from Holland and Barrett. They were approximately £12 for each bottle so I was wondering if any of you have had experience with these and what the outcome has been? I don't want DD to get ill or lose too much weight

cdtaylornats Mon 30-May-16 22:27:49

According to the website they work in conjunction with a 14 day diet plan. So I suspect the answer is totally safe and totally ineffectual.

specialsubject Tue 31-May-16 12:22:55

Correct. Green tea does so little as to be useless. There are two types of diet pills that work - the ones that make you leak fat from your rectum and the ones you hold beteeen your teeth.

Big high street names are not above selling snake oil. She's wasted her cash. Consequence of not listening in science lessons.

bigTillyMint Fri 03-Jun-16 16:43:11

Show her the programme on last night about How to eat Heathily and tell her to save her money!

Deeplysatisfied Fri 03-Jun-16 16:51:06

What tv programme was this bigTillyMint?

GasLightShining Fri 03-Jun-16 20:53:26

The Truth about Healthy Eating. It was on BBC1 last night so you will be able to watch on iplayer. Haven;t watched it yet but a few people have said it was good.

I would try and persuade her to follow a healthy diet.

bigTillyMint Fri 03-Jun-16 21:34:06

Yes, it put loads of myths to bed.

cdtaylornats Fri 03-Jun-16 21:59:57

the ones you hold between your teeth

I've seen chemical free contraceptives like that you hold them between your knees

specialsubject Fri 03-Jun-16 22:46:53

Glad someone got it.. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now