First boyfriend alert-advice needed pleaae

(4 Posts)
TiredAmanda Fri 27-May-16 21:20:26

Very sadly I am divorcing my husband due to his adultery (3 women). He's told my daughter that 'Mum's divorcing me and it's not my choice'. Thus she blames me and is being vile.
She has now told me that she is going to the park with a boy on Wednesday. They're both 14. First 'boyfriend'. I think she is looking for 'love'. At least she has told me. Any thoughts as to how to handle this please? confused

musicposy Fri 27-May-16 21:25:14

Handle it in what way? Teens hang out at the park, and it's normal to start getting interested in boys at this age. Are you worried she will do anything to please boys to find love? Is she receptive enough to listen to a chat (from someone else if need be) that you don't have to do x y or z to get someone to love you?

Aside from that, I'd say meeting a boy in the park is bang on normal for the age, as long as she's basically safe.

ChicRock Fri 27-May-16 21:27:38

"That's nice dear. Make sure you're home by x o'clock. If it's cold/raining then why don't you bring him round here to watch tv instead".

TiredAmanda Fri 27-May-16 21:30:34

Clearly I'm concerned that she is somehow going to get 'up close and personal' with this boy. Thank you for calming my fears. Do I put boundaries around this or trust that she can make some good choices?
I guess I'm just trying to get this 'right!' (As if that exists with teenagers!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now