Talk

Advanced search

NCS Group Passport ?wtf?

(8 Posts)
Ticktacktock Mon 18-Apr-16 18:31:53

Can you lovely ladies please help?

Just received info on dds NCS trip. She's going to France for the first week, and needs a group passport. Do I get it? She's been abroad with school and I didn't need one then.

Please advise me!

hairypaws Mon 18-Apr-16 18:35:59

Sorry don't know what NCS is but my dd is going away with school on a group passport and all they need is 2 passport photos and I had to fill out a form with her passport details.

StereophonicallyChallenged Mon 18-Apr-16 18:38:16

My DC went abroad last year with scouts. All I had to do was fill in a form, obtain health cards for them and provide two photos each.
All arranged by group leader. Easy peasy grin

blueskyinmarch Mon 18-Apr-16 18:40:51

You don’t get it, you just provide what they ask for. DD2 went on one on a school trip to France.

Ticktacktock Mon 18-Apr-16 18:45:37

It's the National Citizen Service.

I digress, but I'm amazed that so many people in real life don't know about it. I only found out about it last year.

The info says I need a group passport. It makes it sound like I need to get it but can't find any info on it.

FishTailPlait Mon 18-Apr-16 18:51:23

I was the group leader for one of these last year. The organiser should give you a form to fill out, you need to provide 2 passport size photos (but can use school ones etc if you wish) and she will sign a little green 'passport' that the group leader will hand out at border control & collect back in.

It saves someone having to be responsible for 50+ teenagers passports and means they are less likely to lose them abroad because the actual passport stays at home with the parent.

FishTailPlait Mon 18-Apr-16 18:53:07

Forgot to mention they all get sent to the passport office in Durham to be checked, stamped & entered on the system so need to be handed back in plenty of time as it takes them ages!

Ticktacktock Mon 18-Apr-16 18:56:06

Thank you Fishtail! It costs £39 for me to do it.

I've no idea who the group leader is, and the meeting for parents isn't for a few weeks yet.

I think I will have to ring them tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now