Talk

Advanced search

Yesterday we had to talk dd down from a motorway bridge..

(11 Posts)
ChasingMars Mon 14-Mar-16 10:40:09

Need a bit of hand holding.

Dd is 15. 3 months ago her long term boyfriend took his own life. She is traumatised. Lots of other issues going on with her friendship group too. Yesterday was the watershed in a way. We took her to hospital and she was assessed by the crisus team. First full cahms appointment in an hour.

I just need reassurance that wecan get through this.

HeyMacWey Mon 14-Mar-16 10:43:44

You can and will get though this.
You are doing all the right things.
flowers for you.

MimsyBorogroves Mon 14-Mar-16 10:45:49

Handholding from me. You - and she - can get through this, and you're on the stepping stones of that journey. It must be so, so hard. I hope today goes well.

Pinkheart5915 Mon 14-Mar-16 10:46:27

You can get though this flowers

One of the most important things is getting her the help that she urgently needs, which you are in an hour. And that she knows you love her.

It will Take some time but she will get there.

HeyMacWey Mon 14-Mar-16 10:47:00

Have you heard of sobs? uk-sobs.org.uk
Their support is for adults but they might have some useful signposting?

DramaAlpaca Mon 14-Mar-16 10:48:27

Sorry you are going through this. Poor girl & poor you.

You are doing the right things and you'll get through it. It'll take time, but you will.

Good luck with the CAMHS appointment.

pasanda Mon 14-Mar-16 13:16:29

My son attempted suicide with 2 overdoses last May. 3 days after he was 14.

He went to A&E and saw the Camhs crisis team the next day. Then when he got home, every other day, they came to our house to talk to him. He also saw a psychiatrist who prescribed antidepressants. He also saw a private psychotherapist. He had already been seeing him once a week for about 6 months (due to self harm) but this was upped to twice a week around the time of the suicide attempts. We also didn't leave him alone AT ALL for about 2 months (difficult with 3 other dc's who were younger and unaware of what he had done I can tell you!)

You WILL get through this. I promise.

We did. He is now off the ad's and is a totally different person. You are getting her the help you need which is the main thing. You are there for her. Don't crumble around her (hard I know!). PM me if you like.

Hope it went well today with Camhs

ChasingMars Mon 14-Mar-16 14:35:14

Hi everyone

Thanks for the kind messages!

Cahms were really good. Dd seems positive and motivated after the session, we are going again in a week.

She is due to go to Italy with school in 3 weeks. She really wants to go and cahms said they would have no problem with saying she seems ok to go, but does anyone kniw if the school will be reluctant given what happened?

pasanda so sorry to hear your story but it's fantastic to know there can be a positive outcome!

gruffaloshmuffalo Mon 14-Mar-16 14:37:03

I don't have much to add I'm afraid, but flowers

Pinkheart5915 Mon 14-Mar-16 14:37:54

I'm glad today was a help and your daughter felt it a positive experience.

The Italy trip I'd go and see the head of year and talk this over in great detail and see what the school recommends. Would you be ok with letting her go to Italy when she feels this way?

robin64 Mon 14-Mar-16 18:55:05

Just want to wish you and your family well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now