Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for (smallish) birthday present for about-to-be 14 year old?

(10 Posts)
Sadik Sat 27-Feb-16 11:46:36

DD's ended up having her main present (Arduino plus lots of bits) early as she's working on a project with her dad. I'd like to get her a couple of little things to open on her actual birthday - maybe a HP t-shirt & poster, but other ideas would be nice as her presents of late all seem to be books or fangirl clothing

theITgirl Sat 27-Feb-16 11:56:16

Emoji cushion. Very popular with that age group round here

Sadik Sat 27-Feb-16 18:59:14

Hmm, I suspect it would end up as another fuzzy cat cushion. They're rather sweet though.

Sadik Mon 29-Feb-16 12:59:27

Just bumping for any other ideas

momb Mon 29-Feb-16 13:01:34

a pet...hamster or mouse? While she's old enough to care for it but young enough that she probably won't need to take it to Uni?

Sadik Mon 29-Feb-16 13:40:21

Definitely on the right lines, momb, but we have a hard-won non-proliferation agreement on more pets in the house grin

karaline Mon 29-Feb-16 22:29:05

I thought head torch for reading at night, or when she might need to shine a bright light into a tight spot when she's putting together the ardunio and using both her hands. they do very light weight ones now like zipka that you can wear on your wrist or your head

or one of those colouring books that everyone is crazy about, and a set of colouring pens (i bet they do a harry potter one)

a decent rucksack -to carry school books?

if you can't get her an actual hamster maybe a tamagotchi? might have an ironic retro appeal lol!

pajamas?

I can't think of anything else.

Sadik Tue 01-Mar-16 09:31:14

New pjs and a head torch is a good thought - would go together nicely too, and she's having a camping sleepover for a birthday party <shiver> so the head torch would come in useful (and thermal pjs, perhaps . . . grin ) .

sweetheart Tue 01-Mar-16 09:35:53

Does she watch Zoella on YouTube? She has a range of smellies in Superdrug that are quite well priced.

Sadik Tue 01-Mar-16 12:12:29

I think I'm going to put together a 'camping survival kit' with head torch, new pjs, instant chai, marshmallows, batteries for her bluetooth speaker etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now