Talk

Advanced search

Days Out For Teen Boys

(19 Posts)
Scatter Fri 26-Feb-16 09:36:10

I wondered if anyone has got any suggestions for days out for teenage boys in London. I'm looking for things to do over the Easter holidays. I know that DS1 would like to go to Camden and am happy to take him there to look around the markets. Can anyone share ideas of days out in London that have worked for you and your teens? Thanks in advance.

bruffin Fri 26-Feb-16 09:42:49

Depends what they like really.

My dcs are into marvel etc and happuly spend time in Forbidden Plant. They like Camden and Covent Garden and Spitalfuelds.
They both enjoyed the Black Museum crime exhibition at The Museum of London.
Cheap tickets from the half price ticket booth for a show

NotEnoughTime Fri 26-Feb-16 10:01:32

Depending on your budget there is a RIB boat tour on the Thames which is meant to be very good fun. The Shard or the Skygardens are also very interesting (if they're not afraid of heights!) Clue Quest is brilliant for teenagers/families I think.

Do they like the theatre? If so there are shows on that would appeal to their age group.

Just outside London you have Thorpe Park which I'm sure they would enjoy if you are happy to go further afield.

Hope you all have a lovely time smile

NotEnoughTime Fri 26-Feb-16 10:03:42

Just remembered-if they are sports fans-the tour of Lords Cricket Ground or Wembley Stadium or Twickenham Rugby Ground are all very good.

BigSandyBalls2015 Fri 26-Feb-16 10:09:40

How old are they?

Scatter Fri 26-Feb-16 10:17:54

Thanks all! The Museum of London is a good idea. They're 15 and 13. Quite close in age but of course it's hard to find things that appeal to both since they always claim not to like anything the other wants to do. We've done the Shard and taken boat trips on the Thames before now. We've also done the Wembley tour and the Arsenal stadium tour. Lords is a great idea - thank you for that NotEnoughTime. I will look into Clue Quest but sadly my older one seems to think he's too cool for that sort of thing now. sad

Peebles1 Fri 26-Feb-16 10:52:22

We took ours to Harry Potter World - went with their cousins so age of kids was 4, 11, 14, 16 and 18. They all loved it, but depends if yours were into HP?

Peebles1 Fri 26-Feb-16 10:53:26

PS. Our three also loved the London Dungeons, but they're gory like that!

momb Fri 26-Feb-16 10:56:40

Necrobus in the evening. It's a fun thing. My teen DD loved it, and it doesn't finish too late to get home again from a day out.

bruffin Fri 26-Feb-16 11:24:08

The Ice Bar is fun as well.

BigSandyBalls2015 Fri 26-Feb-16 11:35:08

My DDs loved ClueQuest last year ...... well, eventually! One of them had a face on until she got there, thought it sounded odd, then really enjoyed it. They were 14 then. I'm sure they'd do again this year at 15.

3nationsfamily Fri 26-Feb-16 12:39:51

We took a trip out to the Olympic park, did a taster session in the velodrome and then an aquarun obstacle course in the aquatics centre, ( need to book in advance for both of these) then a quick shopping fix in Westfield, food and home.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 26-Feb-16 15:06:00

Walk over the top of the O2.

A tour of BBC Broadcasting House.

OneMagnumisneverenough Fri 26-Feb-16 19:06:29

Mines favourite thing was the Emirates Sky train and The beefeater tour of the Tower of London.

Leeds2 Sun 28-Feb-16 00:46:18

Duck tour.

I don't know what it is officially called, but I have heard recommended a street art walking tour.

scarlets Tue 08-Mar-16 17:56:04

The Royal Gunpowder Mills, just outside London, are interesting.

I second the Dungeons. Fab!

Travelledtheworld Tue 08-Mar-16 23:51:42

Go down the river to Greenwich and visit the Cutty Sark and the Greenwich observatory.
Also Royal Artillery Museum in Woolwich is supposed to be very good.
firepower.org.uk/

DelphiniumBlue Tue 08-Mar-16 23:56:35

Mine are arty gamers, and really enjoyed the weapons department at the Wellcome collection. They are nerdy, though!

touchyourtoes Wed 09-Mar-16 00:04:08

There's a Go Ape in Battersea Park now. Also another one at Cockfosters.

The Extreme Aqua Splash at the Olympic swimming pool is fun (probably fully booked for Easter already).

The Crystal Maze experience is opening soon.

Tree climbing lessons in Alexandra Palace.

Go Karting near London Bridge.

Lee Valley white water rafting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now