Advanced search

teaching resident

(3 Posts)
Tonytiger Fri 26-Feb-16 00:10:50

Hi . can anyone tell me if a teaching resident is a qualified teacher ???

ArabellaRockerfella Fri 26-Feb-16 16:43:15

Never heard that phrase before. A qualified teacher would have a specific QTS award, either through a BA(QTS), BEd or PGCE.

leonardthelemming Fri 26-Feb-16 20:36:20

Is this in a boarding school? Where I used to work we sometimes had a gap year student - someone who was intending to become a teacher and wanted some experience working in a school. They weren't expected to teach a class unsupervised - their duties were more to do with helping out in the boarding houses, and perhaps with games.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now