Talk

Advanced search

16 year old and drugs

(2 Posts)
liahjosh Wed 03-Feb-16 12:25:56

Hi everyone and thanks for having me. I have a 16 year old son who really is no trouble at all, good kid all round. I have found lately that he is having trouble sleeping (or thinks he does) and has on occasion asked me for a sleeping tablet. We always have them in the house due to circumstances that i can go into at another time. I worry that he is waiting until i go to bed and having them every night. Tonight i was still awake and he asked for one and when i said no he got very agitated. Has anyone else had this experience?. I know the easy answer is to just say no or not have them in the house but i worry that if he doesnt have access that he will go find something else...

Peebles1 Wed 03-Feb-16 17:19:23

Hi. If they're prescription drugs no I definitely wouldn't let him have one. Hide them. DD had terrible trouble sleeping at that age. Tried all the usual home remedies, avoiding screen time, warm bath, all that stuff I'm sure you've thought of. Eventually did buy her some over the counter sleeping tablets. Checked age etc. They worked now and then, so might be worth a try. Is there a deeper problem?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now