Talk

Advanced search

14 yr oldd dd - very frequent periods

(3 Posts)
Pepperpot99 Tue 02-Feb-16 12:32:24

My dd has been having periods for about 2 years now and manages them ok. Over the last few - probably about 4 - months ,however, they have become more frequent and the last couple have started on day 23 and 34, if you are counting the first day of the previous one as day 1 IYKWIM.

She doesn't really have any pain and they are averagely heavy - should I be concerned? I just wondered if anyone had any comments about this. In all other ways she is healthy as far as I know. Thanks in advance.

JeanGenie23 Tue 02-Feb-16 12:43:03

Perhaps take her to see the GP? Mine went a bit erratic when I was about 15 and ended up being put on the pill to control them! I don't know if they still do that nowadays?!

helpmum2003 Tue 02-Feb-16 15:47:46

I think it isn't unusual for periods to be a bit erratic at this age. I don't think it's anything to worry about but if the frequency is a problem - and it could be - your GP may be able to help with pill or similar. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now