Talk

Advanced search

Should I let DD go to Thailand?

(9 Posts)
MayandGeorge Wed 06-Jan-16 18:14:06

Hi smile

I have a 15 year old Daughter who is begging me to let her go on her school exchange trip to Thailand. She will have just turned 16 when they actually go, she will be with school, and it will only be for a week, but I feel conflicted about letting her go.

What do you guys think?

whois Wed 06-Jan-16 18:21:55

Why not?

Money? Too far away from you? To long away from you? You think she'll hat it?

To be honest, apart from money I can't see a good reason NOT to go! One week, supervised and run by the school. Super.

SparklyTinselTits Wed 06-Jan-16 18:22:16

Where abouts are they heading??
I've visited Thailand numerous times, both as a tourist and visiting family (DH's mother is Thai, and all the family still live there).
As you've said its a school exchange trip, I'm assuming they will be supervised at all times and be doing organised activities/excursions??

SoupDragon Wed 06-Jan-16 18:23:42

With the school, yes I'd let her go. Assuming I could afford it.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Wed 06-Jan-16 18:24:54

If you can afford it I can't see why you wouldn't.

aginghippy Wed 06-Jan-16 18:32:31

What do you feel conflicted about?

I have been to Thailand twice. It's an amazing place, so different from the UK and 'the west' in so many ways. She would certainly learn a lot if she went.

MEgirl Wed 06-Jan-16 18:41:30

What are your concerns? Mine are in Poland at the moment on a school trip. They turned 16 in August.

MayandGeorge Wed 06-Jan-16 20:56:40

Hi guys!

After talking to her teachers, I feel much better.

Money was not the issue, I just wasn't sure about the organisation of the trip (flights, etc.). They'll be staying with host families, but they'll be looked after faculty members of the school most of the time.

Thanks for all of your help! smile

PinkRosie321 Mon 16-May-16 18:57:06

I don't understand why you wouldn't! It is a great opportunity and if you have the money then she should be allowed to experience another culture

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now