DS1 out tonight drinking for the first time.......

(10 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Thu 31-Dec-15 18:38:25

DS1 has Asperger's and is going out with some friends I've not heard him mention before to a pub/night club.

He has just turned 18 so I know he's an adult but I keep worrying about him getting drunk, being vulnerable etc etc

I've told him to keep his phone switched on.......

I'm guessing the consensus will be, Just grin and bear it......... hmm

Trifle66 Thu 31-Dec-15 18:47:57

I totally sympathise with you. I think it's only natural to worry. It will get better the more times he does out and nothing happens. It's like when they were little and we let them go to the shops on their own!

LynetteScavo Thu 31-Dec-15 18:53:41

He will be fine.

It's probably one of the safest nights of the year to go out, as there will be a higher than normal police presence.

Of course you're worried, but this is a totally normal thing for an 18yo to do, and that's what we want for our DSs isn't it?

I totally, totally get where you are coming from.

Now, repeat after me; He will be fine. smile

LynetteScavo Thu 31-Dec-15 18:54:24

Anyway, he may well hate the club and be home much earlier than you expect. grin

BaconAndAvocado Thu 31-Dec-15 18:55:26

Haha......he will be fine, he will be fine smile

Thanks all, that's just what I needed to hear flowers

BaconAndAvocado Thu 31-Dec-15 18:56:28

Just got your second post lynette Yes that's true, he's definitely not a lover of loud music!

LynetteScavo Fri 01-Jan-16 08:13:06

How did it go?

BaconAndAvocado Fri 01-Jan-16 18:50:53

DS1 returned home at 3am having had a great time.

He'd drunk 7 pints of Bulmers (what a thought!) had a good old dance and experienced his first official hangover this morning smile

I stayed up till he got in and, as expected, when I tried to call him his phone went straight to answer phone........but he's ok and all is well.

I'll be getting a very early night having had only 5 hours sleep last night.

Happy New Year!

LynetteScavo Fri 01-Jan-16 19:00:24

7 pints of Bulmers? shock
I'm surprised he could count them all! grin

Glad it went well (even if he didn't much like the hangover - we live and learn!)

Sleep well tonight, you deserve it x Happy New Year!

BaconAndAvocado Fri 01-Jan-16 21:44:03

Haha, DH thinks the 7 pints might be a bit of an exaggeration!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now