boyfriend sleeping over

(5 Posts)
Ellawatts Sat 26-Dec-15 19:00:38

so I'm 16 and need advice, my parents have a good bond with my boyfriend and he has slept over before but on a air bed in the living room, and doesn't enjoy it and doesn't feel trusted by my parents as we haven't been allowed to sleep in the same room, We've been dating for almost a year and many of are friends are allowed to do this. I want to ask my parents if we'd be allowed next time he came over but I don't want to put them in a awkward position and I'm unsure if this would ruin the relationship they have with him. My bedroom is right next door to there's so I can't see and issue and he has been allowed to come round during the day without my parents whilst my younger sisters been here??so... My parents have began to accept the fact that I will have sex as its normal but they're just very clear about us being safe. But I wouldn't even think of doing that if he did stay especially as my rooms so close to theirs and I wouldn't be so disrespectful. I'm unsure if I should ask them and what I should say???

girlguide123 Sat 26-Dec-15 19:48:22

maybe catch your mum on her own, and just ask her if she would mind you sharing a room next time...

she might say yes, particularly as you are being responsible about contraception.

she might say no, because she finds it embarrassing, or they are both still coming to terms with the fact you are growing up and a young adult now, or she might find it inappropriate with your younger sisters in the house. there's no way of knowing until you ask.

try and be calm during the chat, and if she's not sure, ask her nicely if she'd like time to think it over, or discuss with your dad. say you understand it's awkward and you feel a bit embarrassed too. show how responsible and grown up you are.

if she says no this time, ask again if a bit, ask nicely if she might reconsider.

good luck!

YeOldeTrout Sat 26-Dec-15 19:49:15

Don't ask about his next visit, but instead Ask them when would he be allowed to sleep in your room. How old do you guys need to be and what conditions do they want.

Let them talk thru with you about what they are or aren't comfortable with, and why.

cdtaylornats Sun 27-Dec-15 15:39:22

It's one thing to accept you having sex it's another thing to listen to it.

specialsubject Mon 28-Dec-15 19:58:05

brutally: what your mates are allowed to do (even if they aren't lying) is of no relevance at all.

As you know your parents don't want to listen to you shagging. So you'll have to do what the rest of us did and find somewhere else. Having first started the pill AND using a condom, of course.

you can book travelodge rooms at 16.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now