Talk

Advanced search

How are your Teenagers getting on today?

(45 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Fri 25-Dec-15 15:29:14

The 16 and 13 year olds here seem quite happy. DS1 has had a bit of an impatient strop because the PS4 isn't downloading as quickly as he would like but other than that all is calm.

DS2 want to play Monopoly World edition at some point but I may need more wine for that. grin

wine

Sparklingbrook Fri 25-Dec-15 15:33:07

Oh no. DS1 is moaning about download speed again. hmm

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 25-Dec-15 15:37:06

The 15 year old asked to play Monopoly with his grandparents. He kept them occupied for an hour before the Christmas message and they've resumed the game again.

MsMermaid Fri 25-Dec-15 15:38:15

16yo dd1 is very happy with everything. She thought she wan't getting anything exciting because she came with me to choose her coat and boots which are her big presents. But I managed to surprise her with a massively geeky clock fr her room, some bow ties and a load of stationery. She even loved the wrapping paper (I used geeky posters that were going to be chucked out at work). She even deigned to come to the park with us to watch 5yo dd2 try out her new bike.

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 25-Dec-15 15:39:25

Suprisingly ok.
She came out of her room to open her gifts, then back out to eat her lunch, in the meantime she was trying out her new guitar.
She chose to wear a dress and has gone out to her friend's for a while.

DragonsCanHop Fri 25-Dec-15 15:40:55

14yr old happily playing bounce off with her dad on the living room floor patiently letting our 6 yr old be the umpire.

Not a teen yet but 11yr old has stropped off to count her lip glosses and stink out the bathroom with lush bath bombs hmm

Savagebeauty Fri 25-Dec-15 15:44:03

Both drinking.
No problems

Sparklingbrook Fri 25-Dec-15 15:45:00

All sounds so far so good. Apart from Dragon's stroppy pre-teen. grin

Seems DS1's download is complete so he has gone back up to his lair to yell at his mates down the headset.

18 year old d2 loves Christmas and is, as always, absolutely delighted with her presents (a pile of art stuff, some guitar picks, a shirt, a few bits but nothing major) and is currently playing Othello with dp. Both she and 20 year old dd1 have spent the whole day with us so far, with no room disappearances at all - we're feeling v honoured!

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 25-Dec-15 15:53:43

Dh had a moment when the game ds2 asked for wouldn't play on our Mac, wrong graphics card thing apparently. What a pity they didn't tell us that until we'd paidhmm He's now playing it on ds1's laptop so all is well. I was blissfully unaware having worked all night so fast asleep!

They are now both relaxing on their various bits of technology. I love a good low key Christmas.

YeOldeTrout Fri 25-Dec-15 15:53:44

Both teens are blitzing on fave videos.

Sparklingbrook Fri 25-Dec-15 15:58:09

It feels so much more mellow now they are older. Up at a very sociable 9am and opening presents. No untying cables from the back of things, fussing about building stuff and batteries. Nobody overtired or overexcited and being naughty.

Susiesue61 Fri 25-Dec-15 16:05:38

Just home from dinner with the in laws. All 3 very good and pleased with their presents, Ds2 age 10 now on his new Xbox, Dd who is 14 in her room snap chatting her mates, and Ds1 still to follow on with his Dad and Nan and Grandad who are coming back here for tea! So far so good!!
This is where I get bored cos all the other adults fall asleep and the children don't need me to play

bigTillyMint Fri 25-Dec-15 16:06:56

All sweetness and light so far and they got up at 10! Currently snuggled up together on the sofa (next to me) watching Arthur Christmas on Netflix fsmile

How long will it last?!

esiotrot2015 Fri 25-Dec-15 16:11:53

This thread is giving me hope because my pre teen ( 11 year old ds) is a stroppy Sod claiming his nine year old sister got more presents than him ( which she did because he got a smartphone on contract ffs )

Take it off him, Essio. He'll soon learn to be more bloody grateful! grin

Sparklingbrook Fri 25-Dec-15 16:16:36

Oh we had a year like that esio. DS2 was horrible IIRC and spent Christmas afternoon in his room after a big outburst. sad

Tilly I am not expecting this evening's game of Monopoly to go smoothly.

Orange1969 Fri 25-Dec-15 16:18:52

Thirteen year old DS playing new guitar and being very good about fact the amplifier is faulty...

esiotrot2015 Fri 25-Dec-15 16:19:31

He was like this on dd's birthday too
The thing is she's into all the things he's into so she got loads of Star Wars stuff so even though he wanted the phone he also wanted toys

He's at that awful in betweeny stage

B33rTricksPott3r Fri 25-Dec-15 16:19:44

First year ever that DS had to be woken up and persuaded to open his stocking. Which was a bit fsad but he did it with good grace. Redditor duties have taken a back seat <amazed> and apart from a game/battle this morning where he mostly just chatted to his friends even the PS4 hasn't seen much action.

Whathaveilost Fri 25-Dec-15 16:22:54

The 19 year old gave the 16 year old £50 in gift vouchers for his favourite store and the 16 year old bought the 19 year old a designer pool shirt.

They are all happy.

RJnomore1 Fri 25-Dec-15 16:23:06

Dd1 had a bit of a silk this morning because she had been bought too much hmm turns out she was stressed because she won't use the hair straighteners every day.'

It's s minefield sometimes!

She's in fine form though, we have been out for dinner, a few drinks for me and dh, and she's rushed us home in time for stick man and Is now sat happily playing her new Pokemon game.

Yes, 16 grinthe problems could be worse

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 25-Dec-15 16:23:26

It is indeed lovely as they get older.

I had to wake my 2 dses up to open pressies so I could get some sleepfshock DS2 leapt out of bed and gave me the biggest cuddle. He's only 11 so still young enough to be properly excited but not so young it stops him sleeping.

We can't play board games. My dbro got them and their cousins playing trivial pursuit last weekend. My boys nearly came to blows, arguing over who was winning. They are a pair of the worst losers ever....

Reevej4 Fri 25-Dec-15 17:13:47

20 year old prefers company of girlfriends parents to mine theses days, with loud and busy household I understand. His father became ill when he was very young so has just been the 2 of us for a long time now. I am lucky as he is a decent teen/adult and has done well to date but find it much easier when he is at University I have just discovered! Just realising he is allergic to spending time with me.

Hulababy Fri 25-Dec-15 17:25:49

Having a lovely day with 13y Dd. She has loved all her gifts. We've been out to friends (also girls there are her good friends too) so she's had chance to chat and hang out and she's exchanged some messages with friends too.

We've played Game of Life together and she has now gone to watch her new DVD in the snug whilst no sort out my new MacBook and dh listens to some new vinyls on his new turntable. All is good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now