Talk

Advanced search

You know you have raised strange and wonderful offspring when..

(11 Posts)
Helenluvsrob Wed 23-Dec-15 22:41:52

You text them when you are out " what are you doing at the moment " and the answer is " plotting world domination "smile

But actually you get in and they are boiling pasta and singing pergolesi stabat mater along with you tube ...( she's 16)

HesNotAMessiah Wed 23-Dec-15 22:53:48

I love my kids, or young adults, they are such nice people.

One of them has every reason to be angry at the world but they are coping and some chinks of light that are the person they used to be are getting more frequent.

While teenage hears can be horrific, the flying the nest bit is so rewarding. Not just because they can fend for themselves but because of the conversations you can have with them, they are so much more open than we would ever have been.

And they genuinely welcome your opinion!

WorraLiberty Wed 23-Dec-15 22:58:14

My DS 16 set off last night for a party with a 6 pack of Fanta and a 6 pack of Sprite in his rucksack fgrin

Then he rang me at 11pm and asked if it was ok if he came home in a taxi at midnight.

I'm very disappointed in him because at that age I would have been wasted on snake bite, and come home singing 'Last Christmas' by Wham fgrin

Helenluvsrob Wed 23-Dec-15 23:26:58

Worra smile

Mylittlelights Wed 23-Dec-15 23:39:13

Worra grin that's great.

My 16 yr old would go out with soft drinks but use them as a mixer for vodka, then call me at midnight semi drink, asking for a lift home.

Mylittlelights Wed 23-Dec-15 23:42:13

semi drunk not semi drink

WorraLiberty Thu 24-Dec-15 00:14:21

Mylittlelights, my eldest was exactly the same.

He never learned to perfect the 'Me? Alcohol? No way' look fgrin

Mylittlelights Thu 24-Dec-15 00:16:19

The giggling gives my DS away every time.

kilmuir Thu 24-Dec-15 00:19:26

they think we have no idea they may have had a tipple!
my 17 year old DD has spent last hour wrapping presents, a job i hate!

Clobbered Thu 24-Dec-15 00:20:37

....when DS1 and DS2 spend the morning working out how to write a programme that will test DS2's knowledge of Latin vocabulary and provide stats on the number of correct/incorrect answers and improvement over time!

DorynownotFloundering Thu 24-Dec-15 00:21:14

My 18 yr old son & his 20yr old sister were shrieking with laughter earlier in his room. When I went up they were lying on his bed, feet up the wall looking on a mobile at cute dog & cat videos!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now