Talk

Advanced search

Shopping at Bluewater teenagers

(4 Posts)
NancyFloppy Thu 17-Dec-15 12:10:00

My 14 year old goes shopping, the cinema and for a meal at Bluewater a few times a year with friends. He's due to go this week and I've said no this time due to the recent bomb scare at Bluewater last week. It's made me nervous that there could be another scare or worse in the lead up to Christmas. I hate stopping him as he needs some freedom but I do feel worried. I know the chances of it happening are extremely rare but I can't come to a decision that I'm happy with! Anyone had a similar dilemma or any thoughts?

Philoslothy Thu 17-Dec-15 12:14:43

I would let him go, have to admit that I was unaware of threat but would not change my general plans unless I was officially told to.

hufflebottom Thu 17-Dec-15 12:20:09

Are you taking him and picking him up? Or staying while he's there?

That could be a compromise.

I'd let him go otherwise it will get to the point where people won't go anywhere. There was a bomb scare in town the last week, I went into town the next day.

Not going to settle your fears but the majority of them are people putting a bag down and forgetting to pick it back up but that is what the police etc are trained for. They probably happen on a regular basis around the UK but because of what has happened lately then the news are picking up on them all the time.

NancyFloppy Thu 17-Dec-15 12:28:23

He was travelling there alone but I would have picked him up in the evening. Thanks for your suggestion, I think I would feel better if I was there also. I could do my own thing and stay completely out of sight. I think I'm more worried about how he would cope with a situation like a bomb scare. Maybe I'm worrying too much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now