Talk

Advanced search

sexual abuse

(7 Posts)
Heartshapedbox12 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:26:14

How do I tell my mum I was sexually abused when I was younger? I'm 16 now and am a mum to my boyfriends son but I am struggling to keep this to myself and he was my aunts dad it happens from when I was 6 and I never told anyone but two years ago he got caught doing the same thing to a family member and I feel like it needs to come out but I'm no good with words and I'm really scared that my mum would blame me or how she would react

Fugghetaboutit Tue 15-Dec-15 20:46:30

Could you write her a letter? Sorry that happened to you flowers

Heartshapedbox12 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:48:18

It's fine,I have to get over it someway an i don't know I think this is something I need to say face to face I just dot know what to say

RJnomore1 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:50:50

How about "mum remember what happened to x (other family member)? He/she wasn't the only one"

Hopefully she will read between the lines and ask you the rest.

Don't be scared to tell her. She will want to help and she will be horrified she didn't know. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. You're very brave x

Salemthecat Tue 15-Dec-15 20:52:57

You could try writing down what you want to say first and then reading it out to your mum?

I know when I told my parents, I just sat them down and blurted it out. Probably not the best way in hindsight. If I could do it again I would write down what I wanted to say first.

You sound like you're being very brave - that's good but try and remember you don't have to be. It's not fine what's happened to you and it's okay to be upset and angry and every other emotion.

Your mum will believe you. She has no reason not to. The fact he's been caught doing it to someone else make it even more believable (not that you need anything else other than your word!)

You're doing really well OP, good luck.

Heartshapedbox12 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:55:52

Thank you I've been struggling with it years it's cause me and eating disorder PTSD and depression

Salemthecat Tue 15-Dec-15 20:59:13

Are you seeing anyone for those problems? If so, they could help you plan and prepare for telling your mum.

If not, why don't you go to your GP and ask to speak to someone? It really does help even if it doesn't feel like at the start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now