Talk

Advanced search

Teenage relationships- help me!!!

(10 Posts)
Katiemarie45 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:25:34

DD 14 has been with her bf for 3 long months. 3 long months as she has spent the entire time on face time to him literally 7 hours a night it's driving me insane. Her mood around the house is dictated by if they are loved up or arguing. Tonight they are arguing I managed to get her to spend 2 minutes downstairs with me before her phone is ringing and she shouts "I NEED TO ANSWER" before running off. It just seems way to intense.

ChocolateJam Wed 16-Dec-15 16:08:03

Tell her that it is unhealthy for her to conduct a relationship in this way, and limit her time on devices by confiscating them or changing wi-fi password. She's only 14.

Katiemarie45 Wed 16-Dec-15 17:56:10

I confiscated her phone last night he called over 40 times in 25 minutes then sent a string of texts resulting in one saying "fuck it then if you can't be assed to answer the phone it's over" . More worried now think I'm going to have to make her see sense but she is blinkered and "he is so nice " hmmm angry

bobs123 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:03:14

Give her a time frame every night when they can contact each other, say 1 hr, and tell her to make it clear to him that this is your decision. However once you do this you must stick to it or they will abuse this. Good luck smile

Jw35 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:08:40

Oh dear he sounds very possessive! Too young for a serious relationship imo so I would limit her phone a lot. Hopefully he will end it for your dd's sake sad

Jw35 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:09:40

In fact if a boy send my dd a text like that at 14 I would want to speak to him myself! angry

Twinkie1 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:10:22

If ban contact altogether if someone dared to send my daughter that message!

You're the parent, you can make her understand the utter lack of respect that message shows. She needs you to make her understand that it's not acceptable language from anyone let alone someone who professes to 'love' her!

Katiemarie45 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:12:22

I have spoken to him myself DD is livid but I'm not having anyone speak to her like that. I'm fuming she said he gets "one more chance" grrrr.

Katiemarie45 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:17:23

I have told her school today to. I have spoken to her at great length about it but she ends up blaming herself. I have explained it's abuse she disagrees , school are going to do a talk about abuse I'm hoping hearing it from others will help she just thinks I'm out to ruin things for her. I have managed to fill her Christmas holidays with trips with friends so there will be no time for him anyway and she'll see it. She said "all my friends boyfriends are like that he just gets cross sometimes but he's so nice most of the time."

Twinkie1 Wed 16-Dec-15 18:17:34

I'd tell her that he doesn't get one more chance. Any boy who acts like a controlling arsehole is not going to be in her life as this won't be the last ultimatum he gives her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now