Talk

Advanced search

help

(18 Posts)
Heartshapedbox12 Sun 13-Dec-15 12:59:00

In actually a teen mum I'm 16 and I didn't know we're to post this but I feel like my mum is being too hard on me. I have 1 son and he is 6 month and she has two other kids one is 2 and the other is 10 and my partner also lives with us an my mum works 5 days a week but all week I have to clean the whole house (our Hoya is fairly big) whilst looking after two young children (my sis is at the terrible twos) so it's really hard then I have to take the kids to get tea m then cook tea and I have to make sure they're both bathed have 3 meals and are cleans then I have to cook a desperate meal for when my partner an mum get home and I'm exsausted then I have to clean up again at night after they've came home cause mum is a bit messy. But if it's not done right or I've forgotten to do something she threatens to throw me my oh and baby out she tells me I'm useless and that she finds it easy and she just really rips into me threatening to take my baby away is this normal? Am I in the wrong?

noblegiraffe Sun 13-Dec-15 13:18:31

No that's not normal. Shouldn't you be in school? What about your education?

Heartshapedbox12 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:21:09

I have done my education and I am part of the open university so I can work from home and I am currently studying criminology. It's hard I fit study's in though

Heartshapedbox12 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:21:50

I also have a job btw work doing web design so this is also from home

afreshstartplease Sun 13-Dec-15 13:25:35

Is moving out an option?

Heartshapedbox12 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:26:57

Me n my partner are desperately trying to but private rent is fairly expensive I think we'd be looking about after new year to move out but god knows if my mum will have told us to get out

afreshstartplease Sun 13-Dec-15 13:29:12

Do you help financially in the house?

Heartshapedbox12 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:31:06

Yes cause we both have jobs she told is we don't need to pay rent but I put on gas n electric as we have a meter and I buy in tea some night and pay for takeaways so we do help out financially as we'll and I've also told her lots that she ever needs help with money then just to ask

afreshstartplease Sun 13-Dec-15 13:48:34

I just wondered if her using you as a nanny/maid was in exchange for your keep!

Heartshapedbox12 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:50:07

I'm honestly not sure I help out financially as mug as possible I'm just insure if how she's treating me is right

hesterton Sun 13-Dec-15 13:50:45

You should be very proud of yourself studying at university level at 16 with a baby. Impressive really.

afreshstartplease Sun 13-Dec-15 14:02:16

Threatening to take your baby is not right

Heartshapedbox12 Sun 13-Dec-15 14:04:45

Thank you I just feel like I need to do it for my son and ahh I see maybe I should try harder then maybe she wouldn't say that stuff

Bunbaker Sun 13-Dec-15 14:06:27

I have nothing useful to add except well done for being so mature and sensible under difficult circumstances.

My daughter is 15 and I couldn't imagine her in a year's time being as together as you are.

Heartshapedbox12 Sun 13-Dec-15 14:08:13

Thank you and you never know last year I was a mess I had PTSD and a eating disorder but my son has changed my life for the better

Clare1971 Mon 14-Dec-15 22:26:11

If your son is 6 months hopefully you should still have access to a health visitor. Can you talk to her about your situation? She might be able to offer some support.

OTiTO Mon 14-Dec-15 22:33:25

Have you got GCSEs? I presume you must have. You must be very hard working. What job do you have? What about your DP? Is he older?
I can't imagine being in your position.

Heartshapedbox12 Tue 15-Dec-15 09:04:42

My son is 6 month today and my oh is 18 and yes I have all my gcse's and I work in web design

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now