Advanced search

Violent 16 yr old. Help !!

(7 Posts)
Loobyloo2002 Mon 07-Dec-15 09:48:30

As I write this I am yet again nursing a body full of bruises from my daughters latest attack. I have 3 other children and the youngest is 5. Police have yet again put another domestic violence report through to social services telling them that my daughter is a danger to my other children this is the 2nd report from them in 3 weeks with numerous going in in the past. I am still waiting for social services to contact me and despite me calling them constantly for the last 2 weeks they have only been out once. I have no idea where to turn. She is bigger than me and stronger than me and I am scared to death that one of my other children is going to end up seriously hurt or worse.

Peebles1 Tue 08-Dec-15 23:08:39

So sorry you're going through this Loobyloo. It must be so hard for you. I'm so sorry I have no experience with this and so can't give anything except heartfelt sympathy. Would the plan be for your daughter to live elsewhere? Or am I barking up the wrong tree with that? How would you feel about that? And are you coping with this alone? flowers for you.

BlueJug Tue 08-Dec-15 23:34:24

Thinking of you, - don't know what to say. Might one of the domestic violence helplines have some insight - but maybe that's stupid. I feel for you - and it cannot go on.

Call social services again in the morning.

Loobyloo2002 Wed 09-Dec-15 10:15:59

I need her out of the house end of story. She's had so many chances but is good for a couple of weeks then it starts again. Social services have told me I have to keep the other children safe. Fair enough I said but I pointed out that when she is stoned and kicks off there is absolutely nothing I can do to protect myself and my other children. They say they are looking at putting support in place. Well I'm sorry but unless that support comes in the form of a live in bodyguard, special forces trained armed with a tazer then all the support in the world isn't going to protect my children sad

mumma24 Wed 09-Dec-15 10:26:21

You can kick her out at 16. She will have to present as homeless to childrens/social services

mumma24 Wed 09-Dec-15 10:41:12

Or call childrens services and explain the situation and ask them to refer you to family key work services. In our area it's called targeted youth support, all authorities will have one. Which authority do you live?

Clare1971 Thu 10-Dec-15 22:30:34

Can you have her arrested next time she is violent? Then refuse to have her home. Social services will have to step in. I'm not sure what else you can do. Also, this is a horrible thing to have to do but when you speak to anyone from social services ask for their name and tell them you will hold them personally responsible if your DD harms your younger children. That can be quite effective.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: