Talk

Advanced search

How much time do your teens spend on their mobiles?

(6 Posts)
Rosalyn44 Tue 24-Nov-15 08:53:15

DD 14 seems to have got worse. I don't think she can self regulate so am thinking I'll have to limit. She is literally tapping away constantly apart from dinner (rule) even then she wolfs it down to get back on it! Having a conversation is impossible

InMySpareTime Tue 24-Nov-15 08:59:05

Nothing. He got a PAYG mobile in the summer, and just uses wifi to Skype his friends, or listens to music. He hasn't topped up his credit yet, even though it ran out a week in (he hadn't switched off mobile data!)

Socialaddict Tue 24-Nov-15 11:14:48

every waking free hour! I need to regulate too, but finding it too hard for dd15. Not sure how to without causing a massive argument.

Rosalyn44 Tue 24-Nov-15 15:39:02

Same confused I think she's actually addicted. I do take it when she has been really challenging but it involves huge perseverance and she will not willingly hand it over. Sounds pathetic but I'm sick of it I feel like a cook/cleaner/bank she speaks nightly for hours to friends but rarely says "how are you" or anything for that matter.

ExitPursuedByABear Tue 24-Nov-15 16:43:00

All the fecking time. I have a rule that she does not take it to bed with her, but that tends to be ignored if I don't remind her.

I have been despairing for years, but realise that this is their life, so different to my teenage years, but maybe no worse in the great scheme of things.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 24-Nov-15 16:57:55

2 permantly, 1 not so much. 15 year old Ds not allowed his phone overnight on school nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now