Talk

Advanced search

The Awkward Situation

(11 Posts)
TheDobroFan Sun 22-Nov-15 05:58:33

Not really needing advice, just curious to see if anyone else had experienced a similar thing smile

So, I had left my son home, as I was out doing some errands. I was gone for about two hours max, nothing special.

When I got home, I walked into my living room to find my 13 year old cuddled up with his 15 year old girlfriend. I didn't disturb them, nor did I truly care. I went about my usual business.

I found it quite funny, actually. Eric is usually quite timid, and the few times she's been over, they would keep it very tame, maybe my husband and I just intimidate them grin

If anyone else has had any encounters similar to this, feel free to share!

holeinmyheart Sun 22-Nov-15 08:30:37

I think you need to check that he knows the facts of life pronto. Their hormones will be in overdrive. A 15 year old girl is about 30 years old compared with a 13 year old boy.
I know a 13 year old boy who is doing 'it' .
if you ask a Secondary Teacher if they think there is any sexual activity going on amongst their year 7 and 8's they will go Dhuh! Thankfully, not much full sexual intercourse but as you saw for yourself there is some.
Sad really, as they don't stay young long , and once innocence is lost it can't be retrieved.

SoWhite Sun 22-Nov-15 14:04:16

I'd be a bit concerned that a 15 year old girl was interested in a 13 year old boy.

They are miles ahead of boys at that age.

JeanSeberg Sun 22-Nov-15 14:06:38

Is Eric his real name?

Sparklingbrook Sun 22-Nov-15 14:32:26

What So said. I can't imagine a 15 year old girl being interested in my 13 year old DS. Would find it a bit strange.

TheDobroFan Sun 22-Nov-15 16:59:32

Indeed, it weirds me out a lot too, and I have my concerns. I've already given my DS a run down of the facts of life, although I'll be sure to jog his memory, again.

TheDobroFan Sun 22-Nov-15 17:00:32

No, just using it as a substitute, since I just figured out what DS meant a few hours ago.

TheDobroFan Sun 22-Nov-15 17:02:06

I've given my DS the "talk" several times over the past few months, mostly because I remember what it was like to be an adolescent. Although I'll be sure to jog his memory, again.

SoWhite Mon 23-Nov-15 10:24:38

What are your concerns about the girlfriend OP?

TheDobroFan Tue 24-Nov-15 00:33:43

My main concern is the age gap, and as you stated, the developmental jump between the two.

lljkk Tue 24-Nov-15 08:08:39

He's probably a sweet safe bet for her.
I'd be worried about leaving them alone, too.
I'd be concerned to chat regularly about not growing up to fast, keep it fun & light, don't get into an emotional or other type of mess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now