Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only one who totally loses it sometimes?

(3 Posts)
onlyoranges Sat 21-Nov-15 18:34:11

My dd 14 is very challenging to live with. She constantly causes rows with her siblings and is rude, ungrateful and generally unpleasant to be around. I try very hard to ignore what I can, state my position, bite my lip etc but sometimes it just all gets too much and I end up shouting like I lunatic fulled by all the appalling behaviour that is constantly going on. The main thing I cannot stand is how cruel she is to her siblings.

Am I the only one who blows? I do hope not!?

lljkk Sat 21-Nov-15 18:46:23

There are certain conversations we do not have, or I blow my stack.
I also try to not be in the house when DS has to run for the train (to get to school) because I lose my rag then, too.

Clare1971 Mon 23-Nov-15 11:39:11

I have a lot of patience which unfortunately means that when I do lose it, I really lose it. We had a hole in my DS's bedroom door for many months because I had kicked it with my (bare) foot out of rage and was mortified when my foot went right through the crap door. My DC's loved pointing it out to their friends and it has become a humiliating family joke. The thing is, you can mend a door but it's hard to take back hurtful words so I do try to curb my tongue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now