Talk

Advanced search

DD and bitch fest ....

(5 Posts)
Sugarsugar123 Tue 17-Nov-15 20:19:21

DD in year 10. In year 8 and most of 9 she couldn't bare bitchiness and stayed out of it all. Was on the receiving end a few times.

However now I have noticed she is bitching pretty much all the time hmm. We live in a fairly small flat so there's no escape from the bitching. She gets all animated and hyper with it. I know I should stay out of it but she can be bloody brutal about really pathetic things so we have had many choice words about what it. I'm hoping its a phase but I'm actually beginning to feel quite bitchy (ironic) towards her! I'm hoping its a phase but it's been about a year !

SoWhite Tue 17-Nov-15 20:20:44

It is a phase. Honestly. It is incredibly normal, due to the tribal nature of teenage friendships. This too shall pass (probably at about 20/21).

Sugarsugar123 Tue 17-Nov-15 20:33:52

Oh no 7 more years of hearing hate I need ear plugs shock. It's just so bloody nasty she used to say "I'm not interested I like her" now it's all spitting venom at pretty much everyone bar whoever is best friend if the month.

SoWhite Tue 17-Nov-15 20:44:29

She'll get a short, sharp shock when she finds out what is being said about her. The sooner the better really, it does them some good and speeds the 'becoming a normal, functioning, drama-hating adult' process alone nicely.

Sugarsugar123 Tue 17-Nov-15 20:47:13

She knows what's said about her seems to fuel her more. Here's hoping it stops soon it is a bit rubbish when you love them but dislike their personality changes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now