Talk

Advanced search

What jacket for 13 year old boy

(9 Posts)
Sparkygal Wed 21-Oct-15 19:52:31

I am looking for a winter jacket for my 13 year old ds, and have no idea of the 'cool' labels for this age.
He is really keen on a superdry but at £75 I am not so sure. He doesn't want trespass or regatta (which he's had up til now), nothing in Next he likes, and I definitely want to get one he will wear - otherwise it will just sit in the wardrobe unworn.

Any ideas?
Thanks

rainbowunicorn Wed 21-Oct-15 23:30:04

I would just get the superdry one if that is what he likes that way he will wear it. I was a bit reluctant at first due to the price but it has been a great jacket warm, waterproof and more to the point he wears it without any trouble.

tumpymummy Fri 23-Oct-15 19:14:57

My son is really fussy about coats. The only coat he will wear is a blue or black quilted barbour jacket. He likes it because he can wear it over his school blazer, but if he doesn't want to wear it it still squashes up small enough to fit in a bag. I normally buy him one off ebay secondhand (he had 2 last year because he lost one, which is something to think about if you are considering spending a lot of money). In my experience there is no point spending money on something if he wont wear it. Maybe ask him to look on line and choose something? M&S go up to size 13-14 and DS has chosen a thinner coat from there in the past.

southeastastra Fri 23-Oct-15 19:16:36

blimey my ds is happy in a jacket from primark grin they're okay

tumpymummy Wed 28-Oct-15 20:47:38

The problem with Primark is the sizing. I'm a big fan of Primark but their boys clothes only go up to age 13, but mens smallest is often too big. With a coat age 13 may well not be big enough for sparkygal's DS.

annielostit Thu 29-Oct-15 08:48:02

Mine had a jack & Jones from JD, about thd price range stated.

rogueantimatter Thu 29-Oct-15 12:37:37

Could you give him money and let him buy one himself?

bruffin Thu 29-Oct-15 15:47:38

you could try the superdry outlet store prices are around half price on there

minnymoobear Sun 01-Nov-15 23:02:05

have you tried sports direct and M&M direct? I'm having the same issue! Have a very tall skinny 13 year old who never wears any jackets over his school blazer and will probably lose whatevery I buy him....and a shortish chunky 11 year old in year 7 who can't get his rucksack over his blazer when he wears a coat on top!

Would probably go for something like this for my 13 year old, although it's more than I'd normally pay, I've accepted that he's only going to grow so mens clothes it is from now.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Mens-Superdry-Jump-Jet-Jacket-Graphite-Grey-/301568871021?var=&hash=item8bce70e6ab

primary school was much easier smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now