Advanced search

ID for an 18 year old - what's the best way to go?

(8 Posts)
DannyOD Tue 20-Oct-15 09:11:08

DS turned 18 two days ago, he wants/needs some form of ID for when he wants to go the pub etc. Which form of ID should he use? Don't really want him carrying his passport about and there seems to be loads of companies supplying IDs for a price but do places accept them? Provisional Drivers Licence? I am getting confused!!

GloriaHotcakes Tue 20-Oct-15 09:12:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tropicalphilosophical Tue 20-Oct-15 09:44:42

Provisional driving license

SuburbanRhonda Tue 20-Oct-15 09:48:30

Provisional licence is currently reduced to £34 if you do it online. And if he has a passport, his photo and signature from his passport can be used for his driver's licence.

That's if he's happy to have his passport photo on his driver's licence. Luckily DS had just had a new passport so he was happy with his photo.

SuburbanRhonda Tue 20-Oct-15 09:49:22

Sorry, I meant it's linked automatically, so you don't have to do another photo.

DannyOD Tue 20-Oct-15 10:11:34

Brilliant - thanks everyone. Will go for the provisional drivers licence then.

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Wed 21-Oct-15 16:52:24

I use my provisional drivers license, as its wallet sized it's easier to carry around than a passport

19lottie82 Thu 22-Oct-15 22:27:01

Yes definitely a provisional license. Some will say it's not accepted everywhere but I've never known it to be rejected, and I worked in bars up until 2 years ago and was never told not to take it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: