Talk

Advanced search

Suspicious toilet habits?

(17 Posts)
worriedmumm Sun 02-Aug-15 15:47:38

Anyone able to enlighten me on this behaviour? Recently I've become suspicious of dd1. There's something sneaky she's getting away with behind my back & I can't quite put my finger on it, but here's what I've noticed: Her wardrobe is now permanently locked (never was before) & the key is fiercely guarded, won't hand it over 'it's my private stuff'. I often catch the bedroom window being banged shut (never did this before) but no evidence of fag ends? or funny smell? Then the annoying one, blocked fecking toilets. This happened today. I put my (gloved) hand down there & it was blocked with 2 large thick 'mats' of toilet roll. (imagine taking the end of the toilet roll & winding it round your hand as if you'd cut yourself until you make a really thick wad). I've found these before & tried to unroll them but never found anything inside, mind you of course they're soggy. Everyone denies they were last in the loo. What the hell are they up to? Anyone got any pointers? Is it drugs? No sign of anything on her, no arm marks, no fag smells etc. She's up to something, I smell a rat. This is the 3rd time now I've had to unblock the loo.

LunaMay Sun 02-Aug-15 16:29:42

How old is she? Could she have started her period but too embarrassed to say? Hiding soiled underwear?

RainbowRoses Sun 02-Aug-15 16:31:42

Have you tried asking her?

ImperialBlether Sun 02-Aug-15 16:31:44

Could she be making herself sick? She could have her binge food/wrappers in her wardrobe.

Mutt Sun 02-Aug-15 16:32:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GraysAnalogy Sun 02-Aug-15 16:32:38

has she lost any weight lately?

People with eating disorders sometimes store their vomit in bags in their bedrooms.

The blocked toilet could be her being sick then using toilet roll to clean up?

Just an idea, not trying to scare you or anything but it's not always drugs you have to look out for.

MrsExcited Sun 02-Aug-15 16:42:10

How old is she?

Ahemily Sun 02-Aug-15 16:49:58

Could well be bulimia - are there any other physical signs? Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon. sad

Emochild Sun 02-Aug-15 16:52:10

My first instinct is hiding food

My sister used to crumb it out of the window for the birds, hide it in cupboards or flush it

worriedmumm Sun 02-Aug-15 17:01:30

She's a good healthy size (10/12)

She's almost 18

worriedmumm Sun 02-Aug-15 17:02:14

When I've unwrapped the paper clumps there doesn't appear to be anything inside? but then it is all soggy?

scatterthenuns Sun 02-Aug-15 17:08:08

Not sure about the loo, but at that age I was hiding sex toys.

KittyandTeal Sun 02-Aug-15 17:11:27

Weight loss wouldn't necessarily be a sign of bulimia.

Have a look at beat for signs of ed. there may be some that you've just not noticed but will 'click' if you read them.

If it's not drugs or smoking my bet would be eating disorder

GraysAnalogy Sun 02-Aug-15 17:11:28

Oh she's 18.

She might just genuinely want the privacy, sex toys like someone just said too. Or perhaps some outfits she's wanting to keep private?

That said it doesn't mean she might not have anything else going on but at 18 I'm not surprised she's demanding privacy

The toilet thing, I'm not sure of. I'd probably just make a joke like 'what are you putting down that toilet at all, I've unblocked it two times now!', roll eyes, wry smile...

LovesYoungDream Sun 02-Aug-15 17:19:26

There is an eating disorder called 'chew and spit' where a person chews the food and spits it out rather than shallowing and vomiting. Could she be doing that and flushing it down the lou?

Mutt Sun 02-Aug-15 18:08:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BettyCatKitten Mon 03-Aug-15 10:25:26

snorting drugs, causing throat and nose secretions? Lots of nose blowing and coughing up gunk associated with coke, speed, Mcat etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now