Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else got a teenager who has never been ID'd for alcohol

(4 Posts)
bigbluebus Sat 18-Jul-15 17:52:52

DS turned 18 at the end of last year. He had avoided purchasing alcohol prior to then for fear of getting caught. Just before Christmas he went to Sainsburys to buy a bottle of alcohol for a Christmas present - he was not ID'd -and a bit miffed as he thought maybe he could have got away with buying alcohol sooner hmm. Since then he has been served in a number of bars and other supermarkets and never been asked for ID - including today in Lidl where I have seen them ask others for ID when I have been in there.

I accept that DS probably looks older than 18 but wouldn't say he looks over 25. ANyone else got a DC who is never asked?

SecretSquirrels Sat 18-Jul-15 20:03:32

I'm really surprised.
DS1 is 19, he's tall and looks 19. He has been ID'd pretty much everywhere he has ever bought alcohol unlike the 1970s when I was under 18.

turdfairynomore Sat 18-Jul-15 20:14:25

Yep. Ds is 17 -but has a beard like Chris bonnington! I asked him to call into Tesco to get stuff for a family party and sent a second text to say "& bring an extra bottle of prosecco" as I just didn't think!! No problems. Not even a added glance he said! He's nearly-but not "old" looking I thought? Plus he's slightly built and about 5'6" so not a big hulking rugby player! I was mortified that I'd asked him to do it!! He was chuffed!!

bigbluebus Sun 19-Jul-15 07:40:50

DS has a beard too - maybe that's what throws them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now