Talk

Advanced search

teens, exams, new babies

(3 Posts)
magicmarker23 Fri 17-Jul-15 16:25:08

Has anyone experienced teenager, GCSEs and a new baby all at the same time?! If so please share your advice!

I am about to undergo IVF which if it works first time lucky then due date would be mid May, when oldest will be doing GCSEs.

She took one this year without major stressing but next year is different as lots more subjects.

Am I wasting my energy panicking because ivf, babies, due dates are all unpredictable anyway...and maybe baby plus maternity leave plus exams would all be manageable or even preferable to being out at work all the time when GCSEs are on anyway..?

Really grateful for any experience you can share!

Indantherene Fri 17-Jul-15 22:36:51

My last baby was born during GCSE year for one brother and A level for another, plus University visits etc. It was fine.

I found it a huge plus that I was at home on Maternity leave, so if it does work out that way it's a bonus.

magicmarker23 Fri 17-Jul-15 23:58:44

Thanks Indantherene. Reassuring to hear it worked out fine for you. Maternity leave definitely always a plus!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now