Talk

Advanced search

Do the problems with your dcs impact on your relationship with dh/dp?

(6 Posts)
furrylittlecreatures Thu 16-Jul-15 13:40:09

Given the 'tension' in our house some nights I really think it is having an impact on my relationship with my dh. We have had so many arguments about our dd. Is it just us?

Everythingzrosie Thu 16-Jul-15 15:46:31

No it's not just you. Having big problems with ds1 and dh said he was leaving as he had had enough. It was said out of anger and frustration but I feel like piggy in the middle. I can't take sides but do is my child, do is the man I have chosen to be with. You have my full sympathy x

Everythingzrosie Thu 16-Jul-15 15:47:22

iPad changing what I am typing. Dh and ds not do

Canyouforgiveher Thu 16-Jul-15 15:49:59

Yes at times our worry and concern and general lack of knowing how to deal with stuff has been difficult. And we both hate it when one of us is critical of how the other deals with it.

We have sat and talked to someone about it and that makes a difference. Also have consciously tried to spend more time together (friday night out for dinner kind of thing) to cope.

sillygiraffe Sat 18-Jul-15 18:24:42

Yes it does affect my relationship with dh. At the moment he says he wants nothing to do with dd until she changes her attitude. I can't see that happening very soon so I am stuck in the middle trying to make things bearable at home. Its quite tense here!

sillygiraffe Thu 13-Aug-15 07:23:42

Things are getting worse with dh. He is acting like a silly teen himself instead of being the grown up. Ignoring dd is not going to help things improve IMO so I am still stuck in the middle trying to keep the peace sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now