Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DD 15 wants me to call 101, wwyd?

(15 Posts)
Gymbob Wed 15-Jul-15 06:27:06

Basically, she has grassed up her friend's boyfriend for snogging someone else. The boyfriends sister has now threatened dd, nothing specific, but just if you don't keep your nose out, you'll regret it, kind of thing.

Dd is now convinced she is going to be found by this girl and attacked, and says she darent go out into the town in case. She wants this girl warned off by the police.

This isn't something I have experience of, any advice would be most appreciated.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 15-Jul-15 06:47:33

I wouldn't be involving the police at all.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 15-Jul-15 06:48:54

Id be more likely to contact the girls parents myself and tell them that if she lays a finger on dd or threatens her again that the police will be contacted. Just sounds like a teen mouthing off.

Springcleanish Wed 15-Jul-15 06:57:36

Use your instinct. Do you think it was something said in anger and soon forgotten, or there is an actual possibility of violence? What does her friend say? I'd encourage DD to act as normal, reassure her she's done nothing wrong and to try and forget about it. Ask her to let you know if anything further is said in person or through social media and monitor that way. The police are not going to warn off this girl based on what you have written here, unless maybe she has a history of aggressive behaviour.

Optimist1 Wed 15-Jul-15 07:02:19

She should just take the advice given and keep her nose out from now on.

ltk Wed 15-Jul-15 07:09:06

I wouldn't worry based on the info in your op, but this one depends on circumstances and previous history. Why exactly does your dd fear a violent response?

And by the way your dd did the right thing telling her friend about the boyfriend.

Gymbob Wed 15-Jul-15 07:31:36

she hasn't threatened anything specific, but this girl does have a reputation for being 'nasty', and when dd confided in a teacher, even though this girl goes to a different school, the teacher knew of her and previous trouble she has caused. it was the teacher who told her to call 101 as dd said she was scared.

my dd has threatened this girl with the police, and she has also had her cousin threaten the boyfriend in question. the boyfriend called dd a shit stirrer, although I'm not supposed to know about the last two points.

ltk Wed 15-Jul-15 08:40:50

If the teacher suggested calling the police, and your dd wants to call, then I would call. This is all assuming that your dd is telling the right story here.

Lullington Wed 15-Jul-15 08:43:35

Oh dear what a mess. I would advise your dd not to get involved in future. I would not call 101 but I would monitor the situation. Perhaps tell your dd to avoid these people for a while.

Gymbob Wed 15-Jul-15 10:17:11

thanks, tbh I am struggling to have much sympathy with her, she will gob off to people and has been warned in the past to keep her nose out. I understand she is scared, but she has brought it on herself I feel. maybe a smack in the gob will do her good. only joking.

I am cross that she has threatened someone by proxy, and won't tell me about it, she's done that before too.

PurpleSwift Wed 15-Jul-15 23:12:58

I don't think it's anything to joke about. I was attached by teenage girls as a teenager. It scared me mentally. I wouldn't be involving the police yet but take your daughter seriously.

PurpleSwift Wed 15-Jul-15 23:13:25

Attacked

ssd Wed 15-Jul-15 23:22:16

TBH, I wouldnt be involved too much, it sounds like shes caused a drama she want you to fix, whilst trying to keep some of the details from you

I'd let her deal with it herself, she must have known what she was up to when she grassed on this boy

Gymbob Thu 16-Jul-15 09:36:34

definitely ssd. I think part of it might be jealousy. her friend, with the boyfriend she grassed on, is shagging everything that moves, and she's not, though suspect she'd like to be. separate issues there though. big ones.

ssd Thu 16-Jul-15 11:36:11

and they are 15??

big issues!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now