Talk

Advanced search

Am I being over the top?

(6 Posts)
plymouthmaid Sun 21-Jun-15 14:35:02

I've already posted this in chat but think this is probably the better place to ask.
My 17 year old daughter has been with her boyfriend for 2 years. I am lucky that we have a very honest relationship and she has discussed sex with me. 3 months ago she asked if I thought she should go on the pill, although they weren't having sex she wanted to be prepared in case anything did happen. She went on the mini pill. Since going on the mini pill she has had light bleeding every day. Yesterday she told me that they had started sleeping together 3 weeks ago and as well as being on the pill they are also using condoms. Now, the question is would I be over the top to suggest that she takes a pregnancy test every month as she bleeds daily and doesn't have periods as such? Sorry for long post.

Theselittlelightsaremine Sun 21-Jun-15 14:37:03

I would take her to the GP and
I don't think there is any need for POAS.

SanityClause Sun 21-Jun-15 14:37:39

I think that is OTT, but I also wonder if she should pop back to the GP/family planning clinic, to discuss whether this is the right option for her.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sun 21-Jun-15 14:40:04

I would take her to the GP before even thinking about pregnancy tests and that method of contraception obviously isn't working for her.
As a side note, when you are on the pill the bleed you have isn't a period. It's a fake bleed. So even if she was on the pill and having the normal withdrawal bleed each month, it would give very little indication as to whether she is pregnant or not.

hugoagogo Sun 21-Jun-15 14:41:03

That would be over the top.

But it sounds like the mini pill isn't the right choice for her.

plymouthmaid Sun 21-Jun-15 14:45:35

I knew I was being OTT but just needed someone else to tell me I was being!! Although they are being very sensible there is the risk that they could get caught out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now