Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Life coaching or counselling for qualification and job problems

(2 Posts)
WigglyBraddins Wed 17-Jun-15 15:15:04

My DSis's son is actually 22 but she thinks his behaviour is teenaged, hence the post here.

He left school at 16 with an okay set of GCSEs. He went to college and dropped out at the end of the year with no qualifications. He was unemployed for a considerable length of time and then got a job in manufacturing at a nearby firm. In January he was sacked for poor timekeeping and low productivity. He'd received verbal and written warnings and hadn't acted on them. He told DSis that he had signed on and had been applying for jobs. This all blew up over the weekend and it turns out he hasn't done anything.

From conversations with him and my understanding of the household (he lives with DSis) I think he needs some professional help from third parties. What I don't know is exactly what. I'm guessing but I think some kind of counselling/therapy is needed together with some kind of life coaching and practical help. It would be great if someone could see him and say "you need this kind of professional for this aspect and this kind of professional to sort this out and here are my recommendations for who". Do any of you know if this exists or who he could possible see to get the ball rolling?

Hereshoping1 Tue 23-Jun-15 22:25:42

Google ADHD coaching - he may not have ADHD - but there are coaches who may be a good bet for your nephew.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now