Advanced search

19 year old not finished course due to panic attacks etc.

(5 Posts)
bossboggle Mon 15-Jun-15 20:40:12

My 19 year old has finished college without completing his final two months due to stress,mental health issues and panic attacks. They were expected to get 4 distinctions on the BTEC course that they were on. Does anyone know if they will receive certificates on work completed. It is sad that my child cannot complete their course but their health is more important to me. Anyone any idea where we go from here?? I'm lost!!! Help !!!!

onadifferentplanet Mon 15-Jun-15 20:45:47

Have you been in contact with the college during the two months? They should be able to tell you. Have they offered any support since he stopped attending?

antimatter Mon 15-Jun-15 21:04:11

My dd had a panic attack during one of her AS exams. I am going to take her to our GP to fiscuss what can we do to help her. Have you spoken to your doctor?

LIZS Mon 15-Jun-15 21:12:20

If it was a level 3 course they may have enough credits to get a level 2 award or can repeat those units they missed. Can you/they speak to the tutor and see what the options may be.

sashh Sat 20-Jun-15 08:08:37

It depends on what has been completed, you can get a certificate that lists all the units completed.

The problem is when a student hasn't completed a unit then the college cannot claim the certificate for the student.

Can he do some work at home and submit at the end of the summer?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: